FG Monster Truck 4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sup dude, have you got one finally ? If yes, happy with it ? Should received mine this week (kinda hyped about it)

I still haven't pulled the trigger. I'm just leery that it's a vehicle I won't be able to get parts for in a few years, that always drives me crazy. It's definitely high on my list, but just not sure yet. You should post when you get yours and what you think about it, before and after running it.

I still haven't pulled the trigger. I'm just leery that it's a vehicle I won't be able to get parts for in a few years, that always drives me crazy. It's definitely high on my list, but just not sure yet. You should post when you get yours and what you think about it, before and after running it.
Yeah I was concerned too but I found a pretty mint one used and decide to pull the trigger on it. I'll post pictures as soon I'll received it. Should be next week and let you know how it feel driving it.

As long as FG/T2M is in business I don't see any problems for parts, a friend of mine earlier this year traded for a 15+ year old 2WD FG On Road Challenge series, we were easily able to get any missing/broken parts except for the small plastic motor mount as it came with a Solo and the current Zenoah mount is different, we just made a alloy one. I picked up a older 4WD Baja buggy this summer and had no problem getting parts, a few backordered but got them, a few have even been upgraded.. The belt drive looked a bit vulnerable but is very well sealed now and overall the cars are easy to work on.

As long as FG/T2M is in business I don't see any problems for parts, a friend of mine earlier this year traded for a 15+ year old 2WD FG On Road Challenge series, we were easily able to get any missing/broken parts except for the small plastic motor mount as it came with a Solo and the current Zenoah mount is different, we just made a alloy one. I picked up a older 4WD Baja buggy this summer and had no problem getting parts, a few backordered but got them, a few have even been upgraded.. The belt drive looked a bit vulnerable but is very well sealed now and overall the cars are easy to work on.

I really appreciate the feedback! I've always wanted one, and I'll probably end up just buying it. It would just suck to get it and then have issues getting parts for it at some point. I suppose that can happen with any manufacturer, but I'm always more leery when it is something made buy a company that has been through recent "changes."

It's been a while... I finally decided to pull the trigger on this truck. I've wanted one for a long time and decided it would be the best way to get started with 1/5th scale. I'm really hoping if something breaks and Steve doesn't have it, that it won't take too long to get it. I'm still a little leery on that, but whatever. It's a neat truck and seems like its very solid. I picked up a Killer Bee kill switch and a Dominator pipe as well. I think I'll still order a pipe from JetPro too. Going to roll with the stock radio and electronics for a bit, but very soon I'm going to upgrade the radio to a 7PXR as well as the servos. Any recommendations on servos or anything else? I'll post up some pictures as soon as I get it. Should be here before the weekend!

Last edited:
Congratulations, I think you are going to have a lot of fun with it, my brother in Law is looking at the monster truck too. . Spares, maybe a couple main spur gears and the alloy holder depending on terrain, otherwise the are very well designed built, as always go over with thread looker, Permatex orange is a new one, high strength but like blue to remove, do not use on plastic .Honestly parts have not been a problem even on my friends 15+ year old FG, RCCARONLINE is a good source for looking at options and they will link to upgraded parts. 7 channel radio is good if you want to add a few little options, Lights turn off etc. Just for fun a 6volt horn, these are big enough, LOL..

What I would recommend doing is follow this video, makes these handle so much better.

Last edited:
Congratulations, I think you are going to have a lot of fun with it, my brother in Law is looking at the monster truck too. . Spares, maybe a couple main spur gears and the alloy holder depending on terrain, otherwise the are very well designed built, as always go over with thread looker, Permatex orange is a new one, handles high heat but like blue to remove, do not use on plastic .Honestly parts have not been a problem even on my friends 15+ year old FG, RCCARONLINE is a good source for looking at options and they will link to upgraded parts. 7 channel radio is good if you want to add a few little options, Lights turn off etc. Just for fun a 6volt horn, these are big enough, LOL..

What I would recommend doing is follow this video, makes these handle so much better.

I sincerely appreciate all of the info and the video as well! It just delivered today, so hopefully I'll get a chance to tear into it this weekend.

any pics??‍♂️

Unfortunately, I'm still at my office. Hopefully I can snap a few and post them tonight. If not, I'll definitely post some this weekend. Hoping to dig into it this weekend. I want to basically disassemble the entire truck, go over everything and Locktite screws, put the DDM pipe on, install the Killer Bee, etc. If I have time I'd really love to start breaking it in!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks