FG Sportsline 4wd question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vin

Hey folks.
I recently started racing with 4wd FG Sportslines here on a local hobby track. The chassis is stock, without any tuning.After first training, I noticed that the car is hard to drive on power push. It would turn in fine, but the second I squeeze the throttle again, it would almost go straight even while trying to turn. The rear axle of the car is very unstable. It feels like 2wd, not 4wd.
I would like to ask you for some tips and set up sheet examples.

Thank you in advance.
Sorry for my bad english.

Hey folks.
I recently started racing with 4wd FG Sportslines here on a local hobby track. The chassis is stock, without any tuning.After first training, I noticed that the car is hard to drive on power push. It would turn in fine, but the second I squeeze the throttle again, it would almost go straight even while trying to turn. The rear axle of the car is very unstable. It feels like 2wd, not 4wd.
I would like to ask you for some tips and set up sheet examples.

Thank you in advance.
Sorry for my bad english.

FG 4wd SportsLine setup that we use at Steel City RC Speedway in Fontana, CA.

• Set chassis ride height to 10mm both for the Front and Rear

• Front shock oil we use 10k and Rear with 7k or 8k
  • Black spring in front and Purple in rear, or you can go Purple front and rear.
  • Lean the Rear top shock over to inner most hole on tower
  • Be sure that the sway bar end does not touch spring, if it does you will need to Dremel the end a bit…remove from chassis to do so.
  • Add 2 shims to steering bell crank were turnbuckles connects, and three shims at the steering blocks, you might need longer screws.
  • Shims are about 1mm thick each
  • Then find the center of the chassis then using a long Allen wrench or screwdriver lift the front end slowly until the wheels come off the ground, we want both to come off at the same time. If they don’t only adjust on the upper tweak screws in the upper control arms. Loosen the one that comes off too soon just a bit and tighten the other just a bit.
  • Repeat for the REAR but you want the tires to come off the ground a couple of Milli-meters above the 10mm ride height to about 13mm to see the wheels come off the ground at the same time.
  • Adjust the same way
  • We do not have the lower control arm set screw touching at all.
  • For the rear do the same but you want the wheels

Thanks for that info donn. It seems very difficult to find any info on 5th scale setup, I race with the Rams in Northern Calif. just up the coast from you. Steel City is on my list of tracks to try and compete at, Thanks

Bill sorry it took so log to reply I just remembered my login. Duuuhhhh.
I was at your track this past June I think for a race. Love the place and learned to respect the curbs really quickly.
next time I come up I will have more motor. AtSteel City the FG model Spec is just that a spec class. We are only aloud some upgrades and hop ups. For the engine we’re can only change the clutch, plug and an approved pipe and header. You should email Phil for the rules. On Facebook there is a group of us under FG Modellspec 5, if your on FB sing up and we can talk there also.
Again sorry it took so long. Have Happy Thanksgiving will have to meet when I get back to Fremont or you make down to steel.

did any of the setup help you. We are just getting our racing going again here at SCS and the 1/5 worlds are almost on us, were you planning on making the race.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks