FH questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doing wheelies with a stock 23 and a jet pro v2 or v3 isnt possible. The Jetpro isnt a low end pipe its designed for top end performance. It will bend every time you land the buggy vertically or bottom out the rear suspension. thats the reason im tossing mine. its a 1 peice design which means that you have to retorque the header bolts occasionally. I wont tell you which pipe to get. Its totally up to you. ill just let you know all that i know about what ever pipe you ask about. Every pipe has a flaw either its good on bottom but not so hot on top or the other way around. Or it burns through the plastic on the buggy or it gets bent out of shape every time you land wrong. Do research to find which pipe has what you want and what flaws you can deal with. You will be very unlikely to find a pipe that will make a stock 23cc motor wheelie. the TGN will almost do it but not quite.

I like the looks of the black ddm dominator but do these pipes bend at the exhaust mount alot? The black shouldnt get scratched and will not stand out as much so thats why i like it and it says it gets good torque.

im not sure what the black coating on that pipe is. it maybe a flat powder coat and if it is it will get scratched on the bottom side. You would have to flip the buggy over to see the scratches. There isnt a problem with these pipes bending after there installed. I have heard that there maybe an issue with the rear mounting tab lining up with the hole on the car. It isnt a big deal to fix you use need to slot the hole to make it line up better. The only problem that is more of a pain is the exhaust bolts loosening up after a couple of tanks of fuel. This will happen with any 1 peice pipe. its not a big deal you just have to make sure you check them often which you should be doing anyway.

only the pipes that mount in the rear affect handling. they had weight to the rear and make it want to come around when you slide around a corner.

oh okay thanks for all the info, i don't know why im worrying about pipes because when I buy it I will be broke as hell.. The pipe on there almost seems like a disposable to me.. Goin away for 5 days so no replies for awhile.

Pretty much any pipe you put on other than the X-Can or the Stock Canister will have a chance to get damamged in a rough crash or landing. Also any pipe with the exception of the X-Can will change the way the buggy handles. However tuned pipe are generally much better performers than any can muffler. The pipe i have does get damaged on occasion but its never been so servere that i couldnt continue to use the pipe.

i got my hands on a digital camera and shot a video of the buggy and the truck. Something happend during the upload of both videos that put the Audio out of synch with the Video. The sound is playing about 1.5 seconds ahead of the video. I don't know how to fix it. but both the truck and buggy are in stock form other than pulling the stuffing and mesh out of the stock can mufflers. The truck has a set of lightweight clutch shoes and a heavy clutch spring which didnt do a whole lot for performance the can muffler mod made all the difference.

Truck video http://youtube.com/watch?v=jlWiIJ-ssFI

Baja Video http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Oy2ifwf1PE

The camera is mounted on the radio control so i have to try to drive and film at the same time its hard to keep the truck and buggy in the view finder while it moving so fast. I didnt really get either up to top speed. the both hit about 40mph stock. The buggy and truck are tuned a little rich thats the way i like to run them.

once you buy one of these gassers no matter which one you get, you will sell all that nitro stuff to buy another one i promise. Anyone here can vouch.

for sure. Honestly, the prices are only minimally more. the savings of the fuel alone will easily make up that differance and more.

just like nitro. you get what you pay for. if you buy a cheap unit, you ll have to spend near the same amount to make it pretty durable. but if you spend a bit more and get a decent unit from the gitgo, then your make it usable costs wont be to bad at all.

i know people who have 800.00 1/8th scale nitro buggy kits with no motor or electronics. i ve seen people by Revos/Maxxs/Savages/GSTs ect and immedialty spend another 400 on hopups for them.

thought the initial purchase price SOUNDS expensive, in the end its really quite reasonable in comparrison to the quality nitro counterparts.

BUY a decent unit. FH/FG/Baja ect all offer decent units for the costs. imo, the baja will be the best bang for the buck and for 1grand, you have one hell of a great LS RC.

I have never spent over 500 on a nitro, but I have had plenty of them. Thats what gets pricey for me. I want to get into onroad racing on a nice track, so I am going to be buying another nitro to try out racing. I will need to sell my bashers to buy a kit, but I will have some money left over. So once I can save $1000. ( yeah, right) I think the next car I will be getting will be a baja to bash offroad with. By the time I get saved up, there will probably be some new kits out anyway.. Hopping up 1/5 scales is way more expensive than 1/8 so i don't understand there. Basically right after you buy anything you need to buy a new $150 pipe. So yeah I cant wait till I have the money for 1/5.

there is the other problem with nitros and electrics, resale is horrible. You will more times than not, only get back just under half what you paid for it even if its still brand new.

There are 1/5th scale models wore smooth out going for well over half of the new cost on ebay right now.

Yup you can easily lose over half what you paid even if it is in good condition. I have seen some nice bajas with aftermarket pipes going for about $750 + ship so I guess its not as bad. Is there going to be a baja 5T?

there is a truck version of the baja that a member of the forums built, im not sure if he decided to go forward with production or just sell a few.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks