First ever big bore TAYLOR 50 Vesla.5 build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOOOOO,,,, now kraken is junk to ? And Taylor chassis are junk too ? Wow ! Looks like we need a new great company to make something worth our money , if you guys decide on a miracle company , please let me know , if stuff breaking is a problem ,,, well welcome to the hobby called R.C. 😂🤣😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
There's a difference between junk and breaking things, and just paying big money for what amounts to garbage. Thats exactly what kraken has done with the vesla. It's deeply saddening to see how well the vekta was thought out and then the vesla come out and half the parts get tossed straight out the window for better parts. That's pathetic.

My mom always told me I was special , but so did my principal, but maybe I'm the problem , cuz I tear down every rc I have and upgrade all kinds of stuff , and last time my wife checked I have 27 rc rigs , I've said it before , if there's a perfect rc out of the box , let me know , I'll take several , but ya ! The vesla shouldn't be in this conversation , for the price , pathetic !! So like always,,, I'll turn it into something that will take it out of it's comfort zone 😂🤣 , but yes rc world is getting very cheap in production , it's driving me out of what I like to do with new stuff , I'm getting a losi db pro for our indoor track and I'm not changing a thing on it , it's pretty well dial in , I must say , but we shall see 😵‍💫😟😂🤣

Last edited:
Started ok. 20 min easy doing break in. Then lots of loose bolts. So picture and lock washers. That problem solved. Into another tank leaning it a bit. Power is great roostertail is 15’ high. Lol. Than a tumble. Damn thing broke both front arms. I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. Kraken plastics are delicate. So ff to DDM to order more parts. I did have a front arm set. They come in pairs. Lol. 15 minute fix. image.jpgimage.jpg Crap! . IMG_7251.jpegIMG_7252.jpegIMG_7253.jpegIMG_7254.jpegIMG_7255.jpegIMG_7257.jpeg

Sombody needs to make better arms for this thing.

looks like the same bolts that i had come loose too.
this one and the bottom one took turns backing out and jamed up against the spur gear and stoped the car from running.

Attachments

• 20230415_132221.jpg
    20230415_132221.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just ordered some of those arms to 😆
The thing is such a heavy pig. Lol. These arms are heavy! Got it all together. The geometry from stock to the aluminum front uprites and arms caster and wheel alignment need adjustment. Parts look good and fit good. kraken seems to make parts with lots of slop. These parts are no exception. It’s no MCD! Rear needed caster adjustment too.

I added the titanium hinge pins too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks