Fuel prices!🤦‍♂️

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I am Ace Hardware Rewards member, so I took advantage of a 15% off online sale they had last 2 days. A 5 gallon bucket of VP 4 stroke 94 octane small engine fuel, ethanol free just cost me $82 bucks out the door. That is with the savings...not to mention that its costing me just under $100 bucks a pop to fill up my full size Ram. This is getting crappy and I don't see an end in sight with the costs per barrel skyrocketing. Just saw on the news in NY its getting close to $5 a gallon.
How bad is everyone else seeing this both for our hobby grade fuel and 1:1 vehicle fuel?
Ace told me they are starting to have trouble getting some of the 5 gallon buckets of fuel due to people buying it up. 🤦‍♂️😩

KevTrem

I'm paying £1.33 a litre for diesel and £1.35 a litre for 95 Ron petrol, £1.50 a litre for 97ron petrol.
My A6 Allroad costs £89 to fill up, that's at Costco which is considerably cheaper than Shell/BP/Esso.

Seandonato73

King 🤴 Womble
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Every weekend on the farm, we would load the truck up with gas cans and run to get gas. I have 4 of the cans yet, and we took about 10 cans with us. My pop would give me $30.00. That would fill the cans, top up the truck, and get us each a pint of tea, each a pie and him a pouch of silver cup. (Never once got asked for id back then, they dam well knew it wasn't for me)

DAVE1979SK

It may not belong here, but if you're talking about gasoline, I have a question.how are you doing with gasoline storage? I'm just reading that the mix of bensin and oil in the canister loses its lubricating properties after a week of storage .. for me it was even 2 years 😂😭🤔

Seandonato73

King 🤴 Womble
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I must be ancient cause when I got my first car it was 40c a gallon.
It was a 1960 Mini with a 5 gallon tank so $2 to fill up from empty.

When I was 16 back in 1996, I remember it being like .98 cents a gallon for a while...was amazing being a broke teenager driving!
I can't remember the year, I was pretty little, I vividly remember $0.54 at the pump. Old red pump with a white globe on the top, said something on the globe. Can't remember what. Early to mid 90s would be my guess, we sold the farm in the early 2000's. Heck I remember everyone complaining in when it went over a $1.00 per gallon, was like the world was ending and we were still driving vehicles from the 70s lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks