Fullforce baja brakes anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same way about my stock brakes on all my rigs. I think they work great too. But I am using excellent servos with high torque #s to pull the linkage. I even bought a RCR brake kit for my 5ive-B but have had no reason to install it yet.

Put a hitec 7954 on it and don't look back. Your better off having a quality servo than grippy pads. Ive never had to replace stock brakes ever. That servo will lock them up.

Depending on the RC I'm using depends on the setup. All linkages are setup to engage at a slight pull of the servo. My 5ive-B endpoint setup like my 8th scale race cars and don't fully engage for a complete lockup because of my style of driving. But my Vekta is setup to lock on a short throw because of its size and weight. And my Savox 0235's do a great job at 486 oz-in on a 2s lipo??

Last edited:
In racing the breaks are set up so they don't block. Its all about how the weight is moved around a corner sciencey yada yada so spending real money on brakes makes a lot of sense. But I just need to come to a stop. Sometimes very quickly. The rest of the time its full throttle or go home. edit. And I think that you are right about servo power. Maybe a combo of good pads and power to pinch them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks