Fullforce baja brakes anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z I don't really want to sound like a peepee, but. How many threads have you read and commented on about baja brakes? And the number one go to is RCR, not FFRC or any other brand. Common now. buy once cry once you knew the answer before you asked.

P.s. sorry for being a peepee?

Z I don't really want to sound like a peepee, but. How many threads have you read and commented on about baja brakes? And the number one go to is RCR, not FFRC or any other brand. Common now. buy once cry once you knew the answer before you asked.

P.s. sorry for being a peepee?
Well you are a peepee so there's no changing that ??? but, I know rcr is the best, I was just asking, I thought these looked like a nice product for a cheap price. Turns out, they suck, so I'm going to go rcr, was just curious ?‍♂️

Should I get just the rcr pads and not their disks??

I know it would be tempting to just get the pads and see what happens, but I strongly recommend against this. The pads and disks are actually made of alloys that are designed to work together to give maximum grab with minimal wear. There was a lot of guffawing over this claim by the old guard when they first came out, but RCR really did their homework, and proved their claims with performance and longevity. I think they sprinkled a little bit of magic in the metal, tbh. I have over a gallon in mine and the pads are only showing slight scratching along the rotors. Nothing you could consider actual wear. I'll get you some pics the next time I have it torn down.

By comparison, my FFRC aluminum brake shoes were worn in by 1mm+ after a gallon, and another 1mm was worn out of the CF disk. I tossed my stock brake disks long ago, so I can't get you a thickness comparison, but they're definitely not made of the same material.

Do yourself the favor and get the complete kit. Do it right the first time, and I guarantee you will not regret it! (y) ?

I know it would be tempting to just get the pads and see what happens, but I strongly recommend against this. The pads and disks are actually made of alloys that are designed to work together to give maximum grab with minimal wear. There was a lot of guffawing over this claim by the old guard when they first came out, but RCR really did their homework, and proved their claims with performance and longevity. I think they sprinkled a little bit of magic in the metal, tbh. I have over a gallon in mine and the pads are only showing slight scratching along the rotors. Nothing you could consider actual wear. I'll get you some pics the next time I have it torn down.

By comparison, my FFRC aluminum brake shoes were worn in by 1mm+ after a gallon, and another 1mm was worn out of the CF disk. I tossed my stock brake disks long ago, so I can't get you a thickness comparison, but they're definitely not made of the same material.

Do yourself the favor and get the complete kit. Do it right the first time, and I guarantee you will not regret it! (y) ?
Ah ok makes sense ? I'll spend the extra 20 an just get the best of the best eh ??

The rcr are great ?? it's the copper?? iv made some stuff out of copper cutting it is quite sticky ?

The pads are definitely a copper alloy. It has that copper stickiness, but it's also very stiff. Could be just work hardened, but I think there's something else in there. I've work hardened copper with both a planishing hammer and in a tumbler with steel shot and it doesn't quite have the same feel. It also doesn't patina like pure copper. I kinda wish I had some liver of sulfur on hand to do a side by side with some of my old scrap copper. I tried making a copy using copper plate in my metal studio with the stock shoes and rotors and did not get the same grab of the RCRs. But I only replaced the stock pads, and didn't use a center pad to replace the ninja star. :facepalm:

Ah ok makes sense ? I'll spend the extra 20 an just get the best of the best eh ?

Yep. They're worth it!

Yes you probably right it's an alloy maybe nickle for that added body + with the third shoe it makes all the difference

Good thinking on the nickel (y) , definitely possible! I was also thinking perhaps a small amount of zinc and/or manganese. Whatever they're using, I'm impressed. And yeah, I think the third pad makes a massive difference as well. It literally doubles your friction surface area. But the RCR is still superior to other 3 pad solutions that used carbon fiber pads. Can't really beat that metal on metal grab. Similar to the FS racing clutch, amiright?

Are there really any difference worth the money for bashers? My Baja stops within a couple of meters from top speed. Its breaks is fierce and I think they are bog standard. Maybe some fancy break pad material because of the racer who owned it before me but thats it.

You guys ever think of a the pads being a brass or bronze alloy? When I worked for the machine shop, they had a very complete collection of different types of brass and bronze. I know some of them have excellent wear characteristics. We had some that was made to be used as bushings, hard as nails, the steel pins would actually wear out before the bushing showed much wear(if you didnt keep it lubricated) I actually would highly doubt it's a true copper, as mentioned above copper is very soft even when hardened.
@Thrasher, why wouldnt you want to stop as quick as possible weather bashing or racing?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks