Gas/Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll say this again. If you state c10 or higher race gas PLEASE STATE THAT IT HAS LEAD IN IT! Please have common sense and respect for others lungs as its a major inhalation hazard.

Lead in gas originally was to help the valve seats from getting hammered by the valves as they didn't harden the seats yet. anything above 93 is to run higher timing to suppress pre ignition knock and has no place with rc as compression ratios don't warrant leaded gas.

Lead is credited for being an octane booster but id rather outlast my engine in search of performance gains.
It was actually added as a cheap octane booster for "high compression" engines. This was done by an engineer named Tomas Migley Jr. This was a joint venture with gm/Cadillac. The health issues were known before leaded gasoline came out but the mighty dollar won out.
https://interestingengineering.com/culture/thomas-midgley-jr-the-man-who-harmed-the-world-the-most
High test pump gas works fine. Get whatever oil you so please. Something fd certified is high detergent and won't carbon up like a lot of oils at high ratios do.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks