GazooRC Kraken Vesla Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GazooRC

Build Thread Contributor
Alight folks here is my Vesla build thus far. I started off with a roller since I had a G320 laying around from my Vekta. Needless to say that's what I'm going to do.IMG_2312.jpegIMG_2313.jpeg
Got the G320 in the Vekta. Fit like a glove.... NOT!
FYI to anyone with this same idea. Engine bolts up but not straight. It was tweaked enough to engage the clutch and did not free spin. Alot of bad words were exchanged between me and my dear Vesla but eventually I got it to free spin freely and line up. I had to shim just about every bolt. The other issue was the bottom bolt that would require the supplied spacer didnt work out either. The supplied spacer is to big. After everything got shimmed I was back in the black.
Speaking of Black, Also de badged the body and threw on some trusty Duratrax on the rear. Ready to rip!IMG_2314.jpegIMG_2315.jpegIMG_2316.jpeg
Since there are no quick release options available for the Vesla yet I made my own. :cool:
IMG_2317.jpegIMG_2318.jpeg
Got some new shoes for the Vesla! 🖤IMG_2319.jpeg
I seriously need to stop talking to Mike. Every time I do I spend money. :ROFLMAO:
IMG_2320.jpeg
That being said the small bore lasted a whole 1 run. Wicked fun and good power to weight ratio but seeing all Thunders videos made me want a Taylor!
So I'm going to pull the 50GT out of my Vekta and throw it in the Vesla. Got all the parts to do it now so here it goes.
IMG_2321.jpeg
Everything went in perfectly No shimming required and no swearing lol
IMG_2322.jpeg
Painted up the exhaust and brackets also.
A little tight against the exhaust but I’ll take care of that.
IMG_2323.jpeg
Here she is 😍😍😍
BAD0BB2A-B57C-4CC4-B3AA-6DDA94DB0E19.jpegA2D8B46A-C5AC-4BB1-AF28-39D66145B4FC.jpeg58595CD7-BEAA-4420-B30A-BA504E996AD7.jpeg13960405-DB79-46F7-862F-710AF9ABCDA3.jpeg
The added weight of this big bore needs some HD shock. It definitely helps with the squat.
IMG_2326.jpegIMG_2281.jpeg
I had 3" spikes all around but decided to run 2" up front. Also picked up some TRC Hex caps.
IMG_2327.jpegIMG_2328.jpeg
OK... I did a thing... AGAIN... I blame Black Friday for this!
Now this is current day. I ordered every aluminum piece available for the Vesla! lol The Arms are the last thing im waiting on and should be here by the time I get home from work.
4B7D9DEF-7AB1-4AF0-9C6A-DF32FFB91B5A.jpegIMG_2329.jpegIMG_2330.jpegIMG_2331.jpeg

Last edited:
I dig black as well. I'm going to have to build a vesla to add to the collection. I also have a blinged out Vekta KV5TT with a Taylor 80 Supreme
Nice, my man!
My vekta is next to get blinged out.
How do you like the TT. Was tossing it up if I should add that to the collection but its basically a shortened vekta with a different body so I didnt see the point lol personally but I do like the look! It is definitely wicked!

I absolutely love the truck but the vekta5 does handle much better witht the wider wheelbase. This rig with the 80 became basically point and shoot. There aren't any other spring options, for the added aluminum and big bore weight that we have come up with yet. I've added every billet part available for this, I think it was around 56-58lbs in the end, it's in my build thread. I don't regret buying it. I would buy another vekta 5 but a buggy this time because I definitely enjoyed the build.

I absolutely love the truck but the vekta5 does handle much better witht the wider wheelbase. This rig with the 80 became basically point and shoot. There aren't any other spring options, for the added aluminum and big bore weight that we have come up with yet. I've added every billet part available for this, I think it was around 56-58lbs in the end, it's in my build thread. I don't regret buying it. I would buy another vekta 5 but a buggy this time because I definitely enjoyed the build.
You have an 80 in the TT? WOW! Yea I bet. How bad does that thing torque twist?
Funny you mention the springs. I was just talking to Kraken earlier today. Trying to get them to make HD springs for the back of the Vekta. They basically told me there isnt enough demand to do that. SMH
They do make HD springs like I put on my Vesla that will go in the fronts. I may buy another set of the HD springs and make a perch so I can add that to a stock front spring and stack them to get the height. Have a progressive set up. Worth a shot.

So I started to disassemble the Vesla. The 2 front hub/carriers gave me the most grief. When people said kraken had soft plastic I didn’t believe them until this. I started loosening a bolt on the spindle carrier and about 3 turns out and POP! Spindle snaps. From taking a bolt out! Wow.IMG_2370.jpeg
But wait it gets better. The nut insert they used inside the carrier is round but flat on 2 sides to prevent from spinning. I found out on my Ventura build that kraken loves to dunk their parts in loctite. There was so much loctite on these bolts that the sleeve spun in the plastic. I had to cut the carrier to get access to the nut so I could put it in a vise and remove the bolt. Then the busting got stuck to the bolt too. Put that in a vise. It was a puff of loctite dust when that broke free. It was all over my work station. Just absolutely In credible stuff. Needless to say this took up alot of my time so I’m still on the front. I got hardened trans and diff gears too I need to install in the rear of this build. 💪🏼

Here’s an update so far. I’m installing the hardened gears in the trans and diff now but almost done. Just doing a little at a time since I have no time. 😩
IMG_2378.jpeg
This velocity stack isn’t going to work. Ordered an upright shorty from Mike and we should be good to go. I took a $200 gamble and I think it’s going to pay off. Tank looks wicked. 🔥
IMG_2379.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks