Got $1,600, what large scale would you get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, what did the OP finally get?

I'm curious, I'd like to get back in the game and am contemplating what I should get. Kraken Vecta .5 will happen, eventually haha.

I have to agree with Whoduh, when it comes down to it, this is a hobby and supposed to be fun. Whether you like turning a wrench or the steering knob, that's what its all about.

So, what did the OP finally get?

I'm curious, I'd like to get back in the game and am contemplating what I should get. Kraken Vecta .5 will happen, eventually haha.

I have to agree with Whoduh, when it comes down to it, this is a hobby and supposed to be fun. Whether you like turning a wrench or the steering knob, that's what its all about.
I'm curious as well. Heck I'm thinking I need to pick up another 1/5th scale myself. I've got a tuned pipe from NRP that fits the DBXL so leaning that way... maybe it'd fit the Losi MTXL as well!!! :D

I'm curious as well. Heck I'm thinking I need to pick up another 1/5th scale myself. I've got a tuned pipe from NRP that fits the DBXL so leaning that way... maybe it'd fit the Losi MTXL as well!!! :D
It'll fit(y) ..as do a 5ive pipe.(y).as i now run my 5ive's old samba pipe on my mtxl(y)on my 5ive
And on my mtxl
Only issue is a very small heat bump on the body but the heat tape stopped it being brunt through...

Last edited:
LOL This thread is a year old . I have a feeling Woodie may have picked some thing by now . I could be wrong though.

Your answer should have been .... If I had $1600.00 I'd finish this damn 70cc engine !;)
? I know I just answered it cuz I fealt like it? also he didnt say "what would u do with 1600" he said "what large scale RC would u buy" in that case I would have said finish my POS ?

I've owned almost every 5th scale there is. First you need to figure out what your doing with it, Bashing, racing, etc.

I'm guessing your just bashing, and in that case I'd stick with a losi 5ive-t or a hpi baja 5t/5sc. Parts are readily available all over and there is boat loads of upgrades for either. I would get a losi 5ive-t 2 over the original as it has a better engine and upgrades right out of the box. They are $1400 brand new and don't need much out of the box. If you want wheelies and ok handling a baja, if you want handling like crazy a touch basher or racer go losi 5ive-t

Now as for a vekta. They are heavy as balls, built like tanks and not good for much other than playing in fields. There not really good for a hard core basher or a racer.

Maby you guys should read up on @William E Burrows Jr vekta issues before buying one. Hes basically had to rebuild/upgrade every part in the thing and hes barely had any run time on it. And there are plenty of others who've had issues with them out of the box. If its gonna be your first rig, get something else.
+1(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks