Gotta get my bike right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crucialRC

Sir Lancelot 🛡
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Went to kicking this thing probably 40 times today and not getting anything. I think it's time for a good carb/jet cleaning. It's a 06 crf250r. Bike has been sitting for some time now. I been doing some YT watching on it and it seems as though I have to remove the seat, tank, and subframe to get to the carb so wish me luck?
20200124_151630.jpg

Last edited:
I had drz 400 back in the day. Was a blast. Mine was more the endoro style, had knobbys on it. Almost dropped my wife off the back of it, and she wasnt having it (girlfriend at the time ?) ended up letting it go before we got married. Kinda bidding my time till the kids get older so I can get another bike. Hard to take your 3 and 1 year old with you, and still have fun.

Went to kicking this thing probably 40 times today and not getting anything. I think it's time for a good carb/jet cleaning. It's a 06 crf250r. Bike has been sitting for some time now. I been doing some YT watching on it and it seems as though I have to remove the seat, tank, and subframe to get to the carb so wish me luck?
View attachment 56272
Really rad, hope the carb mission goes good! I have been on a Honda once and it seemed real bulletproof and easy to ride!

I had drz 400 back in the day. Was a blast. Mine was more the endoro style, had knobbys on it. Almost dropped my wife off the back of it, and she wasnt having it (girlfriend at the time ?) ended up letting it go before we got married. Kinda bidding my time till the kids get older so I can get another bike. Hard to take your 3 and 1 year old with you, and still have fun.
You must be around the same age as my son. He is 31 years old and his kids are 3 and 1.

That's what I'm thinking. I ordered a carb overhaul kit just in case I get a torn gasket or something when I pull the bowl off. It also comes with stock jets.

Typically the race MX bike carbs don't use a gasket, they all use a bowl o-ring that can be reused many times. My YZ450F was like this. In certain circumstances all's you need to do is loosen the carb clamps, rotate the carb so the bowl is accessible , pull the bowl and remove the jets as required , no need to completely remove the carb. On my YZ450 this was not possible , carb had to be removed to get the bowl off and it was a PIA job. Lastly be very carefull about swapping out to aftermarket (China mfg) jets. I've read that even though the jet size # matches the orifices are different. Pretty sure your CRF is using Kehin jets. The OEM jets might not cost a lot. I know OEM Yamaha jets were reasonably priced.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks