Guys need to be careful of VRC right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah their products are good but I've been noticing people have been receiving exhausts with large amounts of metal dust inside. Im not 100% sure how im gonna get it all out but its worse then it looks.

Attachments

• 20210414_184309.jpg
    20210414_184309.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 48
Thats exactly how my bart came. Good thing I checked.
I called the place I got it and got the response: well whatever's in there will just blow out. Wanst in the mood for an argument with some random guy, so I just said "yeah ok" and cleaned it out with some fuel. TBH only reason I checked was cuz of Dougs pipe from the rcmax. Oh btw the metal dust stuff is welding debree.

Last edited:
Not smart to rinse a bare metal pipe with water junior. Use brake cleaner or any sort of chemical that does not have water in it or your engine will be sucking and spitting rust

Still rinse afterwards, so you get anything out that got blew around in there
Rinse with what? And honestly it's and exhaust. Blow air from the exhaust port end into the pipe and leave it at that. The 2 stroke engine is going to spit oil into the pipe anyways which will eventually wash any metal dust out the end of the pipe over time. . I sweat people over think things way to much.

I weld and thats not welding debris... its dust from grinding.. and sorry @RcJunkie13 I don't really pay attention with what you say because you tend to be wrong. So yea going back on your other post I didn't pay attention to it and I wouldn't waste fuel to rinse out a pipe.

I live by a saying the smartest person in the room is one that stays quiet.

Seriously I don't get why ppl here seem to think thats ok. Yes metal dust may be easy to get out of your exhaust however its not acceptable. This CAN destroy your engine "a peice that can cost in the thousands". How hard is it to clean your product.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks