Having carb issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@javi83 I forgot you mentioned what to upgrade the air filter to. Get the dt-1 triple foam filter and order the ddm 3/4" velocity stack
Does that setup clear the cage or would some trimming need to happen? is there other v Stacks that work too? Since it’s out of stock.

@javi83 it clears the cage no problem. Also to mention a 1 inch stack won't be an issue as far as clearance, it's just going to sit a quarter inch deeper into the filter. I do absolutely recommend getting m5x55mm or m5x60mm carb bolts if you go with the obr billet insulator.

Here it is installed on my 5ive-t
20230128_194605.jpg

@javi83 it clears the cage no problem. Also to mention a 1 inch stack won't be an issue as far as clearance, it's just going to sit a quarter inch deeper into the filter. I do absolutely recommend getting m5x55mm or m5x60mm carb bolts if you go with the obr billet insulator.

Here it is installed on my 5ive-t
View attachment 85815
I did end up getting the insulator will be arriving tomorrow those bolts you say are shorter or longer ? I haven’t seen a stock one next to the obr so I don’t know

Yes they are ill link you to them from ddm. The stock bolts have roughly 3 threads of engagement left after the insulator stack you need to assemble. The m5x55mm gives you about 5-6mm of thread to sink into the aluminum portion of the insulator (if using a 3/4 velocity stack) which is good, if using a 1" velocity stack id use m5x60mm.Don't forget to use blue loctite and make sure you apply the loctite after you stacked the gaskets so the loctite doesn't get between the gaskets and mating surface. Also you can eliminate that spacer between the carb and stock air filter as you'll have enough clearance between the carb and stack as the m5x60mm will not accommodate that being there.

https://www.ddmracing.com/carburetor-bolt-set-m5x60

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks