help! I'm new no this, does it make sense to buy a 1/5 scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPI is great but no matter what brand, the servos they come with aren't very good. But I'd first see how you like it, then upgrade the servos. The reason why a gas tank vent is a great thing is because, with a Baja, sometimes after a little while like 10-15 maybe more minutes, the engine Will shut off because you will loose fuel because there is too much pressure in the tank and you will have to remove the fuel cap, and re prime then engine bthen restart it, it's kind of annoying, but with a vent, it will that pressure and your engine will continue to run
makes enough sense. and there is no easier way to do this? I did not understand in your post .. by the way, how do you measure engine temperature?

makes enough sense. and there is no easier way to do this? I did not understand in your post .. by the way, how do you measure engine temperature?
welll there is a easier way, its alitle but more expensive but easier, there is a kit http://www.davesmotors.com/Snappy-RC-Ultimate-Fuel-Line-Kit-for-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-.html
engine temperature: you can measure engine tempature with a temp gun, just aim it at the cylinder head and it will tell you. this is normally what they look like
or you can get one of these http://www.davesmotors.com/Trail-Tech-TTO-Digital-Temperature-Meter-72-ET1.html
that little ring attached to that wire goes on your spark pug, then you attach the actual gauge to somewhere on your truck, and it will always read the temperature

welll there is a easier way, its alitle but more expensive but easier, there is a kit http://www.davesmotors.com/Snappy-RC-Ultimate-Fuel-Line-Kit-for-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-.html
engine temperature: you can measure engine tempature with a temp gun, just aim it at the cylinder head and it will tell you. this is normally what they look like
View attachment 50880
or you can get one of these http://www.davesmotors.com/Trail-Tech-TTO-Digital-Temperature-Meter-72-ET1.html
that little ring attached to that wire goes on your spark pug, then you attach the actual gauge to somewhere on your truck, and it will always read the temperature
View attachment 50880
This is very cool, my problem is being from portugal. Do you know if this site sends buy to portugal?
I know I do good full throttle pulls with my nitros.
When I solve the problems of my nitro I will try this??

people, I'm choosing the engine for my baja. hpi 26cc 1.25 hp x zenoah 23cc 1.75 hp. which is the most powerful, reliable and best?

Zenoah. but id get a zenoah G290 as they make a bit more power and is cheaper than the 23cc g240 zenoah that i believe your talking about
I do not know the engine specification, I just know it's 23cc, 1.75hp .. I'm in conversation for a used baja 5b and I chose that engine. I also chose the aluminum clutch support, I hope everything is cool. ;)

hello people I need a great help, I would like to know information about advantages and disadvantages of buggy 1/8 nitro or buggy type baja 5b 1/5. I want to invest in the 1/5 scale (since I already have a nitro with 2 months) but since I am new to this I am afraid to buy without knowing.

- which is the most reliable / least problematic.

- What is the best at acceleration and tip speed? (car original).

- maintenance more expensive and which is more "easy to learn"?

- availability of parts in portugal / europe if you know ...

- is engine break-in and tuning of the 1/5 easier to do?

- batteries of the receiver and transmitter, of origin what is the autonomy of the majority in the bajas ?

- a purchase of used baja what is the most critical things we have to see/be smart?

- what is the best percentage of gasoline and oil for a good mixture so as not to damage anything.(in bajas )

is it still worth buying a bajas for asphalt and track and go equipping it for better performances?

any help, opinion, criticism is welcome please
wink.gif

sorry for bad english...
If you like to race I would stay with 1/8 scale, many tracks around the country.
1/5 scale tracks don't exist. Unless you are willing to travel to Canada or California or the far reaches of the world.
William E. Burrows Jr.

hello people I need a great help, I would like to know information about advantages and disadvantages of buggy 1/8 nitro or buggy type baja 5b 1/5. I want to invest in the 1/5 scale (since I already have a nitro with 2 months) but since I am new to this I am afraid to buy without knowing.

- batteries of the receiver and transmitter, of origin what is the autonomy of the majority in the bajas ?

- a purchase of used baja what is the most critical things we have to see/be smart?

- what is the best percentage of gasoline and oil for a good mixture so as not to damage anything.(in bajas )

is it still worth buying a bajas for asphalt and track and go equipping it for better performances?

wink.gif

sorry for bad english...
Buy a fifth scale and ur life will be complete. All I gotta say.

wink.gif

sorry for bad english...
My rc hobby began with me starting with toy grade vehicles simply because in my country there were no hobby shops selling hobby grade cars/trucks. Then I migrated to the USA where I moved on to 1/10 scale nitro. I was always a fan of motor racing; as such my graduation to small-scale nitros was easy, I guess. I then moved up to 1/8 scale on-road cars. And then I came upon large-scale rc with weed-whacker type 2-stroke, gasoline engines and KNEW I had to get there. For a few years I couldn't because the price was prohibitive. But deep down I KNEW how much I'd relish working on a large car with an actual engine. In my heart it would be RC nirvana. So I bought my very first 1/5 scale rc vehicle 2 years ago, and have no regrets. (I'm actually planning on getting a second.)

The point I'm trying to make is, if you feel that NEED to graduate to large scale and you can afford it---by all means do it. You won't regret it. Bigger the scale bigger the fun. The driving style is real. The wrenching is invigorating.

Of course everything comes with pros and cons. I'll touch on the significant cons of owning a large-scale rc car with a gasoline or petrol engine: #1: It will be noisy and can be considered a source for complaints by some neighbours. #2: It will need lots of space to really shows its legs. #3: Parts replacement can add up. All in all, owning a large-scale rc vehicle CAN be expensive.

Now to a few pros: #1: Gas/petrol from a local gas station is far less expensive than nitro fuel. #2: 2-stroke engines are easier to tune and hold their settings. #3: The driving/bashing/realism is huge fun. #4: The down time wrenching in your garage is very therapeutic. And, #5: You can't beat the aroma of gasoline. Lol.

My rc hobby began with me starting with toy grade vehicles simply because in my country there were no hobby shops selling hobby grade cars/trucks. Then I migrated to the USA where I moved on to 1/10 scale nitro. I was always a fan of motor racing; as such my graduation to small-scale nitros was easy, I guess. I then moved up to 1/8 scale on-road cars. And then I came upon large-scale rc with weed-whacker type 2-stroke, gasoline engines and KNEW I had to get there. For a few years I couldn't because the price was prohibitive. But deep down I KNEW how much I'd relish working on a large car with an actual engine. In my heart it would be RC nirvana. So I bought my very first 1/5 scale rc vehicle 2 years ago, and have no regrets. (I'm actually planning on getting a second.)

The point I'm trying to make is, if you feel that NEED to graduate to large scale and you can afford it---by all means do it. You won't regret it. Bigger the scale bigger the fun. The driving style is real. The wrenching is invigorating.

Of course everything comes with pros and cons. I'll touch on the significant cons of owning a large-scale rc car with a gasoline or petrol engine: #1: It will be noisy and can be considered a source for complaints by some neighbours. #2: It will need lots of space to really shows its legs. #3: Parts replacement can add up. All in all, owning a large-scale rc vehicle CAN be expensive.

Now to a few pros: #1: Gas/petrol from a local gas station is far less expensive than nitro fuel. #2: 2-stroke engines are easier to tune and hold their settings. #3: The driving/bashing/realism is huge fun. #4: The down time wrenching in your garage is very therapeutic. And, #5: You can't beat the aroma of gasoline. Lol.
I feel like I have to go on a big scale because I've always liked rc cars and now maybe I'll be able to buy a 1/5 scale. I have a 1/8 but I want a baja 5 b or 5t. ( baja is themost accessible and available to find) and I have a course to run, a track, friends to do races ...and I just want to know everything about these machines so I can try to do all the maintenance without having to always ask for help ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks