Homemade Ramp!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys, ive made a ramp using some wood etc, but im looking for a material for the transition from the ground to the lip of ramp which is around 3cm-sh!

I was looking at 3mm Aluminium Treadplate, but ideally i want maybe some kind of plastic sheet to save on cost & weight (size i need is 1200mm width x 400mm length) which will be strong enough to take the weight of my largescales!

Any ideas or is aluminium treadplate the best option?

cheers!

hi guys!... ok ramp is pretty much complete (didn't realise how expensive it would be haha!) but still..im quite happy with it, just got to fit the alloy sheet that I'm placing at the start for the transition.

I went with 3mm alloy sheet which seems to be perfect :) will get some pics later today hopefully, as weather been absolute crap & i need to give it some varnish/protection on the sides etc!!

just an update of my almost finished ramp!! :) the ally sheet at foot is for the transition and is detachable to make transport easy, im just waiting for somemore anti-slip tape to be delivered for the surface of it, and need to varnish the sides/underneath to protect it from wet etc! :)

it takes my weight with no issues so hopefully should be spot on for my RC's :)
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 13.53.05.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 13.53.41.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 13.53.26.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 13.53.13.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 13.51.04.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks