How do you guys set toe in and out on your 1/5 scales?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just wondering how you guys measure the toe settings on your rigs.I know RPM makes a gauge but it is for 1/8 and smaller vehicles.I know some manufacturers have inserts that set toe but on vehicles where it has to be adjusted and set manually how do you guys do it other than eyeballing it?

Set it on the ground and measure the inside distance on top and bottom of the tires. These measurements should be the same.

Them measure the measurements between the front and backside of the tires. Make the front about a 1/4" less

Set it on the ground and measure the inside distance on top and bottom of the tires. These measurements should be the same.

Them measure the measurements between the front and backside of the tires. Make the front about a 1/4" less
Weird after years of racing Cars/Karts we ALWAYS ran tow OUT ( about 1/8 inch ) this stabilize straight line running and helped turn in , tow IN would make the car/kart wander in straight lines and also make turn in harder. must be different for RC ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks