How heavy is your rig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but tough

That was a wiki look up.
My weights are real, the quotes ones are from the net. I hold up my hands.
Hahahhaha

Has everyone run off to weigh their stuff?

Last edited:
I bought a HPI 5Bss at the same time a friend got a King Motor 5B. Don't know why but the KM 5B was a lot heaver then the HPI 5B. We did not weight them but you could fell the weight difference just by picking them up by hand.

Did his have more aluminum parts on it .
I think his King 5B use steel in places that the HPI 5B I got used aluminum, like the chassis. I don't know for sure but my 5B with 29cc engine was faster then his King 5B with 32cc engine. He thought I was a better driver because I would win most of the races we had until he pick up my rig one day, he is the one that noticed the weight difference & pointed it out to me.

I think his King 5B use steel in places that the HPI 5B I got used aluminum, like the chassis. I don't know for sure but my 5B with 29cc engine was faster then his King 5B with 32cc engine. He thought I was a better driver because I would win most of the races we had until he pick up my rig one day, he is the one that noticed the weight difference & pointed it out to me.

That could be. I know my Rovan had an Aluminum chassis. When I replaced it after breaking the front end off. The Scorpion chassis is almost double the thickness. I added a few Turtle racing parts at the same time so I know where the extra weight on my buggy came from. Maybe some day I'll replace some of the aluminum parts with carbon fiber parts to lighten it back up.

If I remember right I think Rovan says their 5B weighs about 31 to 32 pounds, granted that could have been the shipping weight. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So mine is right around that weight now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks