Sold / Found hpi baja 5b ss new forsale may trade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Update*

Guys I got an email this morning from him with an order no. and conformation from tower hobbies. Just waiting on the shippment notification and tracking no. I guess Monday before that happens though.

This sounds positive.Hope this is it finally over for you.

Oh yeah!! But I don't want to blow the whistle just yet. Once I see that shipping conformation and tracking no. I'll feel alot better, cause Tower won't send you a tracking no. for nothing! It's not that I have doubts about him ordering it, but you know anything can happen, and this has been some back and forth drama that I can't handle at this point.

Last edited:
Guys I got an email this morning from him with an order no. and conformation from tower hobbies. Just waiting on the shippment notification and tracking no. I guess Monday before that happens though.

I wish the same was done for me. I haven't talked to chuck in over 3 mo

I wish the same was done for me. I haven't talked to chuck in over 3 mo

Have you called him?

It was hard to believe he went through with it after all the back and forth between us. I guess he just wants me out of his hair. Take the advice being giving and be persistent it will pay off.

wow. i have never sold or traded anything on line. and after reading all this, i never want to. i hope everybody gets there stuff back, and that dog gets the whooping that he deserves.

In other r/c forms I make the other person ship first unless they have more feedback then me, which more then likely they do not. If they say they have ebay feedback , check it out, and have them send you a message though ebay to prove that they are indeed the person they say they are. And if yoiu don't have an ebay account, it takes five min. to create one. Also when you are checking out feedback, see what they have as a seller and a buyer, they could have tons of + feedback, but if is only as a buyer, they could be a sucky seller.

Always check the person out fully. And get all the info on them and talk to them personally on the phone.
If the guy owns his own buisness I doubt he would want to screw someone over on a RC. But if its a 16 year old living with parents its quite possible you are taking a risk. Get photos with date and his name on a pc of paper by the product in the photo.
It could be a photo taken of a product he don't even have,
I always talk to the person on the phone and feel them out if its a major purchase. And if need be take photos and save them. I sent a certified check from my credit union for my last purchase and took photos with dates and all befor I sent it to him also do delivery confirmation. Everything possible to cover yourself from getting screwed.
I have done a LOT of trades and transactions on the net and only got screwed one tome over a $150 clodbuster that I never got paid for.
Its risky to do deals over the net but if you take your time and do it right its a win win situation.
And always watch out for the deal thats too good to be true. If he is selling a new in box baja 5b for $250 some one is going to be out $250.
Play it safe and mainly enjoy the hobby like we all love.

Always check the person out fully. And get all the info on them and talk to them personally on the phone.
If the guy owns his own buisness I doubt he would want to screw someone over on a RC. But if its a 16 year old living with parents its quite possible you are taking a risk. Get photos with date and his name on a pc of paper by the product in the photo.
It could be a photo taken of a product he don't even have,
I always talk to the person on the phone and feel them out if its a major purchase. And if need be take photos and save them. I sent a certified check from my credit union for my last purchase and took photos with dates and all befor I sent it to him also do delivery confirmation. Everything possible to cover yourself from getting screwed.
I have done a LOT of trades and transactions on the net and only got screwed one tome over a $150 clodbuster that I never got paid for.
Its risky to do deals over the net but if you take your time and do it right its a win win situation.
And always watch out for the deal thats too good to be true. If he is selling a new in box baja 5b for $250 some one is going to be out $250.
Play it safe and mainly enjoy the hobby like we all love.

I did talk to the guy on the phone originally. He "seemed" like and alright guy, guess not

Sounds like one of them "professional" scammers. Hopefully he gets what he deserves. And thats sure not a lolly pop for being good.
Thats one reason I don't frequent some of the other rc boards. Too many scammers trying to get something for nothing and thats not where I want to hang out.:no:

He probably thinks we are just going to go away after a while.

I don't think after taking an 1800 dollar rc, that anyone is going to just let it slide.

Did you smash this guy with a bat yet!?!

Or as seeing as you are from the Cayman (I am assuming that's the same as the Cayman Islands?) You could mail him one of your Cayman reptiles (like the Crocs, if you know what I am getting at?) He opens up the box and it bites the hell out of his nuts! :lol: That would be fun to see, or at least I think it would be!

Trip..

Did you get your tracking number?

Thanks,
Steve

Get what! That was just another way to to make me feel comfortable. I emailed him to find out and he didnt respond as usual, I knew it was to good to be true.
When I tried to call his phone, its like its off, he changed his no. but the stupid dope didnt realize that he put his new no. on the tower order. Tried calling that too but no answer.

I'm leaving it for the authorities to deal with now.
All he had to do was send my car and that was it. Thats all i asked. Guess he wants to do it the hard way.

Did you smash this guy with a bat yet!?!

Or as seeing as you are from the Cayman (I am assuming that's the same as the Cayman Islands?) You could mail him one of your Cayman reptiles (like the Crocs, if you know what I am getting at?) He opens up the box and it bites the hell out of his nuts! :lol: That would be fun to see, or at least I think it would be!

Trip..

Where I'm from this one guy got his hand chopped off by a machete for trying to steal a bicycle, from a gardener. Honestly, I don't think a bat will help this guy. He truly should be put into the BS hall of fame.

We don't have crocs either Trip, but Ive got somthing better. We have these really stupid birds called whistling ducks, and they're really annoying with the sound they make when they are being threatened. Kinda reminds me of BS he's been spitting out. I think it would make a great jail cell pet for him.

nick, he was just circumsized, he called his mom she said if he stuck it out till noon she would take him home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks