HPI Baja transmission gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Iv been looking @ the turtle racing quick diff trans case setup(y)
Since this is my first walk down the hpi route this is all new to me. In the trans case we three gears the drive, idler and diff/ring gear. And you can get them in a few sizes(y) now corect me ifim wrong....the number of teeth increase but the gear stays the same size. What are you lot running in your transmition?

Iv been looking @ the turtle racing quick diff trans case setup(y)
Since this is my first walk down the hpi route this is all new to me. In the trans case we three gears the drive, idler and diff/ring gear. And you can get them in a few sizes(y) now corect me ifim wrong....the number of teeth increase but the gear stays the same size. What are you lot running in your transmition?
i believe the do stay the same size, becuase then why would they sell it as it fits the stock case which the turtle case is based off of. also, im running a whole lot of CRAP in my transmission :LOL::LOL:

Do you need a vented clutch ? Didnt think so :unsure: surely it would fit ?
Well, I wouldn’t need it for the hex because of the TR HD clutch bell and pinion are ok, but the clutch bell is solid. So I think my only problem could be heat build up, but so far so good I think.

The Vertigo systems have vented housings and bells, so for me that is the only benefit.

Maybe I might drill some holes in the housing to get air flow through it, but as I’ve said it’s yet to be an issue for me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks