Hydraulic brakes worth it ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

Hey guys,
I'm just not satisfied with the stock brakes on my Rovan. Im definately thinking hydraulics. Not sure what configuration would best suit me. Option 1 is adding front hydraulic only. Option 2 is front and rear . Im actually leaning towards front hydraulic only and fabricating a dedicated 3rd servo so i have the ability to fine tune front / rear braking "bias". Would like your experiences from those that have upgraded to hydraulics. Thanks !

Hey guys,
I'm just not satisfied with the stock brakes on my Rovan. Im definately thinking hydraulics. Not sure what configuration would best suit me. Option 1 is adding front hydraulic only. Option 2 is front and rear . Im actually leaning towards front hydraulic only and fabricating a dedicated 3rd servo so i have the ability to fine tune front / rear braking "bias". Would like your experiences from those that have upgraded to hydraulics. Thanks !
So, first before you go that route, try RCR brakes, becuase those are alot cheaper than hydros and if your satisfied with them, then you just saved alot of money. But if you really do want hydros, I have no experience with them but a member @1Coopgt has them

I had AMS hydraulic brakes on my Baja 5b, they were awesome ones I got them fine tuned.
D2B13AFE-B94D-488D-9A74-F991266B828D.jpeg1CFC4BAC-B46C-4AE6-B2E2-872F84283A01.jpeg53E3ED32-C823-4D2B-80BC-33DCF0CE06CD.jpeg

I never thought about upgrading the brakes on my 5iveT’s.
The stock brakes seem fine to me ??‍♂️

Like the fellas mentioned above try the RCR set up first. It’s a much cheaper and headache free option lol

I do like the cool factor associated with the hydraulic brakes, but I’m in no rush to want to spend $300-$500 bucks on a nice hydraulic brake system.

And I would say go for the hydraulic brakes on all 4 corners ?☝?

and remember to post lots of pics ??

We forum members loooooove pictures ???

decent servo of atleast 25kg's minimum...30-35kg is ideal..?..get rid of the stupid ninja star?.....and get a 3rd carbon pad +hemi hex=locked up rears?.....my baj is running this set up and it locks up no probs?
ahh...5t....not a baj then?
on my 5ive is a hitec d845 servo 50kg's+threshold wise base discs on stock losi pads and it stops sweet as?.....
what servo u running dude?

Im running a Hitec 645MG for my throttle / brake servo. Can you link me to the "3rd carbon pad" . That mod makes total sense, 2 disk rotors and three pads .

So heres my plan. I purchased the RCR
pad set and will adapt them to run with the Rovan rotors. Shouldnt be an issue. Ill test this setup for a while and see how i like it. If i still need more im going to try the Integy IV. Front kit. Ive dealt with integy back years ago and they sell great quality stuff.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks