I Really Hope HPI Steps Their Game Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 1/10 HPI 4WDs
A buggy and truggy nitro powered and an electric buggy.
Not my first choice but I couldn't knock back the 3 plus a Traxxas slash and heaps of spares for $250 for the lot

I thought they had a good idea with the 5r but if they made the big 3 bodies it would be kind of cool racing . The Mustang, Camaro, Challenger and even the Amx.

Ahh the 5R was a screw up, basically a 5B. They had it in them to create a good competitor to the FG sportsline but they cheeped out.... I'd like to see them re-release the 5 line up. Then maybe we'd have more companies making parts again. Not that it's uber limited but there were more at a time.

Thing is, will they re-release with all these clones on the market?

Ahh the 5R was a screw up, basically a 5B. They had it in them to create a good competitor to the FG sportsline but they cheeped out.... I'd like to see them re-release the 5 line up. Then maybe we'd have more companies making parts again. Not that it's uber limited but there were more at a time.

Thing is, will they re-release with all these clones on the market?
i think they will . theres plenty of people who will pay the price for the hpi.

They have been pumping out some rigs, savages have become available in hobby stores and online. They are coming back and releasing parts for existing rigs but it will be awhile before a whole different platform comes out, and ? to 4wd ,everyone else does it, I like the 2wd.

Who is everyone else? LOSI and Kraken? Besides them you have MCD which is crazy money and Kraken aint a race rig with that solid rear. We need a well priced 4wd that can compete.

This clone stuff is really starting to get ridiculous. You get a similar rig at a fraction of the real rig price but In the end what are you really accomplishing? If niz was to fix everything on that rovan how much more over a real brand name rig would it be? And the only people really benefiting with clones are the poop companies and the peddlers pushing the products.

I say bottom line is if you can't afford a real rig your better off than buying a crappy clone rig .
And yes I couldn't afford a 5t I borrowed money from my pension.

Agreed Z. Also the aluminun is nice but aluminun in some areas are just going to make problems worse when its crashes Vs replacing a plastic arm or 2 your going to have to replace everything that arm is connected to. The rear diff cups are extremely sloppy and thats terrible it got sent out like that. It just shows that the Chinese just don't give a fek about us and think we're stupid Americans. And were the suckers buying the junk....oops we jumped threads

Agreed Z. Also the aluminun is nice but aluminun in some areas are just going to make problems worse when its crashes Vs replacing a plastic arm or 2 your going to have to replace everything that arm is connected to. The rear diff cups are extremely sloppy and thats terrible it got sent out like that. It just shows that the Chinese just don't give a fek about us and think we're stupid Americans. And were the suckers buying the junk....oops we jumped threads
also aluminum is nice when it isnt the lowest grade money can buy :LOL::LOL:

With the Losi I'd assume most of that goes to design and advertising but Rovan has no such costs so if they are able to produce cheaper then they really killing it.

Have to say I love China! That country is how reguar Joe's like us get rich! I really need to get my a$$ over there!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks