I want this baby!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this from Troy's message:
The Rally Car that ran 67 mph was geared with a 39 and a 24 on the primary set and a 25 and a 24 on the secondary set. The secondary set could take up to a 30 and a 19 which would give it even more top end.

Does that mean the Rally car has a two speed from the factory or is a two-speed an option?

it appears its a Tamiya TT-01. if you read the comments under, theres alot of tt talk.

What im waiting for is the Gladiator, bit BIG, GAS, 4x4 chain drive, and supposed to have Rev AND 4WS!!!! as an option!!!!!!!!!!!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Last edited:
I saw this from Troy's message:
The Rally Car that ran 67 mph was geared with a 39 and a 24 on the primary set and a 25 and a 24 on the secondary set. The secondary set could take up to a 30 and a 19 which would give it even more top end.

Does that mean the Rally car has a two speed from the factory or is a two-speed an option?

It isnt two speed and there isnt currently an option, it just has a design that allows for many different gear ratios to be selected.

Attachments

• mcd ratios.jpg
    mcd ratios.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00275.jpg
    DSC00275.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
gears hold up rather well, and i've only had one prob with gears and it was only after I lost battery and hit snow bank at w.o.t broke outershaft and inner shaft wedged in arm ,with locked front and center diff ,gears had no options but to let go

Has anybody purchased one yet ?

I'm thinking of getting one and I was wondering what it's included in the kit they sell and what else I would need to buy in order to have a running car....

Motor and electronics. the units come with no motors or any servos, switches, rx/tx, battery ect.
T

I am real close to dropping some $$ on one of these bad boys but info on these is hard to come by. Guess I have been spoilt with my Baja5b with its vast array of aftermarket parts and good online support. Unfortunately the postings on MCD are rather thin on the ground.

Anyway I have a couple of Q's for anyone that cares to comment.

* Any weak points which need addressing?
* How do the stock tires perform on loose surfaces and how’s the wear rate?
* How durable are their lids on these things. Going to get real pricy if I have to fork out nearly $200 every few months on replacements.
* Where are you buying your parts from?

TIA

Link for the latest manual/catalog:
http://www.mcdeurope.de/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=29&Itemid=37

Excellent site for MCD owners (mostly in german though):
http://www.rc-xtreme.de/home.htm

The cars (Rally and the Baja/Race Runner) are basically sound but the main weak points are the shock shafts, the internal diff gears and if you hit anything solid going sideways, the driveshafts - they will bend!! These can easily be straightened though.

The standard plastic alloy gear/engine plate needs to be replaced with the alloy one (I use the King Cobra one). This will not only improve the cooling but the transmission will be smoother and will reduce the small chance of melting the plastic gears.

The standard Zenoah/CY clutch should not be used - it engages way too early. Use either a lightened clutch or if funds permit a fully adjustable one.

The standard kit tyres are I believe 50 shore, basically a hard compound - they will last for long time and still provide plently of grip even when reduced to slicks.

The lids take a lot of abuse - my Peugeot 206 WRC shell has survived numerous racing incidents (40+ mph into the track barrier etc) and is still good for another season of racing.

Here in the UK parts supply is first class from Rossendale Models (owned by the importer - King Cobra Racing).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks