Impact driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephyr

2 Stroke’s & Titties
Build Thread Contributor
Looking to get an impact driver to make working on the cars a little quicker & easier.

Anyone have experience with this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milwaukee-MILM12FID0-Compact-Impact-Driver/dp/B07F3PGCF7

I have a lot of Milwaukee tools at work but I haven't had one of their drivers before. Are there any better options that I can get in the UK? Something with a clutch would be nice so I can set it to a low setting :)

Looking to get an impact driver to make working on the cars a little quicker & easier.

Anyone have experience with this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milwaukee-MILM12FID0-Compact-Impact-Driver/dp/B07F3PGCF7

I have a lot of Milwaukee tools at work but I haven't had one of their drivers before. Are there any better options that I can get in the UK? Something with a clutch would be nice so I can set it to a low setting :)
I have the older version of that. They're really nice guns, very powerful. I grabbed a bosch "screwdriver" for working on my RC stuff though as I like having an adjustable clutch. The "torque settings" on impact drivers just reduce RPM and even in the lowest setting they're quite strong. As long are you're careful it should be fine, I just prefer my clutch because I can set it to like 2 or 3 and don't have to worry about cross-threading or over-torquing. I just run them down and then snug them up good manually.

I have that Milwaukee 12v impact (well an older version) that I use for professional trades work and it's a phenomenal tool.

With a nice set of hex bits it works great on these bigger trucks.

10/10 would recommend.

I know you already purchased, but for anyone else looking. If you want the absolute best, and dropping 300 on a impact is no biggy, get the Festool. They make a awsome little impact with I believe 6 different settings. Made for finish carpentry so is quite capable of tightening and loosening the smallest fasteners with no issues. Milwaukee would be my other choice and is what I own.
I have the older version of that. They're really nice guns, very powerful. I grabbed a bosch "screwdriver" for working on my RC stuff though as I like having an adjustable clutch. The "torque settings" on impact drivers just reduce RPM and even in the lowest setting they're quite strong. As long are you're careful it should be fine, I just prefer my clutch because I can set it to like 2 or 3 and don't have to worry about cross-threading or over-torquing. I just run them down and then snug them up good manually.
This isnt true for all impacts. Many options exist with torque settings or multi gear impacts. Milwaukee makes one, Festool does, and im sure other options exist. You're gonna pay out the ass for them, but they exist.

I know you already purchased, but for anyone else looking. If you want the absolute best, and dropping 300 on a impact is no biggy, get the Festool. They make a awsome little impact with I believe 6 different settings. Made for finish carpentry so is quite capable of tightening and loosening the smallest fasteners with no issues. Milwaukee would be my other choice and is what I own.

This isnt true for all impacts. Many options exist with torque settings or multi gear impacts. Milwaukee makes one, Festool does, and im sure other options exist. You're gonna pay out the ass for them, but they exist.
I’ve got the Milwaukee one. I’ve heard good things about festool but my Bosch is doing fine for me so far.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks