INCREASE RIDE height ? tires or ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do want to fix your yard and have a garden tractor it can be done if its real loose dirt. All you need is a section of chainlink fence roughly 6'×6' toss a few old tires or something heavy on it, and drag it back and forth. It actually works very well. Its a poor mans version of the drag mats they use on baseball diamonds. Id personally just rent a bigger machine though.

well I ordered some taller tires 7.5" vs 6" tall and my gearing is WAYYYY Tall now lol, so I ordered a gear set 16/58, 3.625:1 coming from ??? I think 19/56 , 2.95:1 ? not sure what the stock gears are on a Rovan Buggy ? If so it is a perfect % change os 20% on both. check my math for me.

well I ordered some taller tires 7.5" vs 6" tall and my gearing is WAYYYY Tall now lol, so I ordered a gear set 16/58, 3.625:1 coming from ??? I think 19/56 , 2.95:1 ? not sure what the stock gears are on a Rovan Buggy ? If so it is a perfect % change os 20% on both. check my math for me.
Stock is 17/57. 19/55 is higher top speed, less bottom end, 16/58 is high torque ,less top end. 18/56 is the middle . I'd stay with stock for now with your stock motor

Update I got the 7.5" tall wheels and this thing now handles very rough terrain great now ! , It seemed pretty tall so I got some hub extenders 1" and it looks like it sits way better now and should be very stable , gonna test it tomorrow. My gearing is low but I got a 1 tooth change in ratio that I have to install later get get back on the pipe sooner.

Even with all the suspension lift your A-arms are still going to get hung up and drag on the ground. Only way to cure that is bigger tires. The biggest you can run is either the Proline Trenchers (Clone Rovan Excavators) @ 195mm tall or the Maxxis Trepadors from the Kraken @ 222mm tall! It might look a bit monster truckish, but it'll get the job done. Personally, I wouldn't go taller than the Trenchers, they already flex like a mofo and look almost ridiculous on a desert buggy. I can't imagine how it would look on a SCT.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks