Innovative RC Big Bore Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTBF

Anybody else order these? I just installed a set. They are distributed from Detroit Performance RC but are made by Innovative RC in the UK

They don't come with a tool to hold the shock body. This makes things very difficult. And very frustrating. A crescent wrench does the job clumsily and leaves tool marks everywhere. I ordered the tool from Innovative RC but as it is International your shipment times will probably be wildly unpredictable here in the States.

Also, they don't seem to use O-rings. It seems the bottom end of the shock is a one piece molded plastic section that is ribbed. They are also completely out of stock in the UK. See statement above.

The base of the shock shafts are massive, however compared the original. They seem to be a full 8mm

They also advertised these to have shock protectors. Well, good luck finding those. Because they don't exist.

I ordered a 24 MM cone wrench made by Park Tools from Amazon. They (Park) dominate the tool world for Bicycles, and will be a good purchase if you go that route.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 52
Anybody else order these? I just installed a set. They are distributed from Detroit Performance RC but are made by Innovative RC in the UK

They don't come with a tool to hold the shock body. This makes things very difficult. And very frustrating. A crescent wrench does the job clumsily and leaves tool marks everywhere. I ordered the tool from Innovative RC but as it is International your shipment times will probably be wildly unpredictable here in the States.

Also, they don't seem to use O-rings. It seems the bottom end of the shock is a one piece molded plastic section that is ribbed. They are also completely out of stock in the UK. See statement above.

The base of the shock shafts are massive, however compared the original. They seem to be a full 8mm

They also advertised these to have shock protectors. Well, good luck finding those. Because they don't exist.

I ordered a 24 MM cone wrench made by Park Tools from Amazon. They (Park) dominate the tool world for Bicycles, and will be a good purchase if you go that route.

I bought the IRC shock wrenches from DDM When I ordered mine.

What I don't like about them is you can't change the springs without taking the shocks apart which means you have to bleed them all over again. They are sweet shocks though.

I bought the IRC shock wrenches from DDM When I ordered mine.

What I don't like about them is you can't change the springs without taking the shocks apart which means you have to bleed them all over again. They are sweet shocks though.
If you push the spring perch up there are flats on the shock shaft underneath that you can get a spanner on or the end of the irc shock tool, then unscrew the end. ??

I always thought they were kinda flat TBH. I'm mostly into 1/8 electric so even though these things are big and heavy I still wanted more performance than what the stock does compared to my other cars. The track I've been running at is just starting an outdoor bashing track with a few jumps so I've been launching and landing mine a bit (which has been a little pricey and led to some fabrications and upgrades) and I knew things could be better.

I had a Baja years ago which taught me many things and the appeal of a thicker/ heavier shock was something I started looking for when I bought this little monster.

I was looking at the MIP ones.... But OH HOLY %$#@ are they expensive. And they still weren't complete and used some original parts like the shock shafts.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these perform and last. You can tell they really aimed to make them quality and inexpensive.

I would have paid a little more if they included the tool I needed, though :)

I have had about 5 sets now and they are awesome. Well built, and the added strength is nice for added weight of bigbore engines.

You also had an MTXL. Would they be an upgrade compared to those ridiculous stock ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks