Interesting.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to send to you, you know...get you started. You'd want the biggest compressor obviously and I think that's on the newer Ford diesels.
I think an A6 off of a school bus would be great.... don't know if its variable displacement pump or not though... a pump off a full suv or van with rear heat would be fairly large as well

I don't know about that. Actually kind of offended about that. I know more people that do a lot with nothing, then people that have the "right" equipment. Now there are people that wont get off their ass. They are not the type of people that would attempt a project like that.

It’s not only in America. It’s world wide

We’re all living in a new era where TIME is more valuable then money... and I will much rather waste all my money then 1 minute of my time.....

So as creative as one can be. I will rather spend my cash buying the poop I want from the folks who already spent all there time figuring it out.....

It’s like buying a Rcmax / ALX engine or building your own....
buying the engine will run you about $2,000 comes ready for you to have FUN drop and GO

or build it your self for $600-1000 and easily spend 30-60 hours building it..... if you think the 2k is expensive. Try building it yourself and then get back to me. ??‍♂️?

I wouldn’t pay 2k for the engine. I’ll buy a used one for a fraction of the original price. Fix what needs fixing and to have fun. That’s just me tho

let’s not forget all the special tools one will really need to buy in order to make everything look good like it goes together just not all Frankenstein ish.,

Now if your like McGiver the above does not apply to you ???
That guy needed no tools would rebuild a airplane with a Swiss knife fly it across the world to save 1 person no questions asked ????? always in under 30’min because that’s how long the episodes were haha

Last edited:
It’s not only in America. It’s world wide

We’re all living in a new era where TIME is more valuable then money... and I will much rather waste all my money then 1 minute of my time.....

So as creative as one can be. I will rather spend my cash buying the poop I want from the folks who already spent all there time figuring it out.....

It’s like buying a Rcmax / ALX engine or building your own....
buying the engine will run you about $2,000 comes ready for you to have FUN drop and GO

or build it your self for $600-1000 and easily spend 30-60 hours building it..... if you think the 2k is expensive. Try building it yourself and then get back to me. ??‍♂️?

let’s not forget all the special tools one will really need to buy in order to make everything look good like it goes together just not all Frankenstein ish.,

Now if your like McGiver the above does not apply to you ???
That guy needed no tools would rebuild a airplane with a Swiss knife fly it across the world to save 1 person no questions asked ????? always in under 30’min because that’s how long the episodes were haha
What you say is true. But not to all people obviously, some would rather build than buy for the pride "I built that" aspect and you know exactly how it goes together. Vs if I spent 2k, I ain't taking that thing apart, if something fails, its going right back to Mike/alx lol. Like me, despite my 70cc fail, I still have the building bug ?
Whats most amazing is the tools he accomplished this with. Not much more than a drill and a grinder. Very impressed with people who can do alot with very little. don't see that much in America.
People here seem to be a bit closed minded, as they have access to alot of necessary equipment, but over there, it seems like they don't have access to all that stuff like we do at machine shops, so they make do with what they can n have ?

Last edited:
I don't know about that. Actually kind of offended about that. I know more people that do a lot with nothing, then people that have the "right" equipment. Now there are people that wont get off their ass. They are not the type of people that would attempt a project like that.
No offense intended. Its not that im saying Americans can't do it, most just don't. Take my work as a good example, im a cabinet maker. Most new guys could never cut dovetails by hand. Its not that they're dumb or lazy, its that we have a machine thats way faster and more consistent, so they never learned. Its just a byproduct of a advanced society, you loose the more primitive skills. I do find it unfortunate people are loosing those skills, but thats just nostalgia talking. I like using advanced machinery too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks