Is this large scale boat worth fixing up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrapppnBuds

Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Hello everyone

Can somebody tell me please, does this boat have potential? I know the electronics are old and outdated, but are those batteries any good and is it worth fixing up without spending a lot? Lol.
🤷🏻‍♂️ Any info would be appreciated thanks.

2648E18D-CCBB-4569-9C9C-599EC1D5982F.jpeg
image.jpg

Attachments

• C7526DC3-5DB4-41CE-B1F9-875D7B93EBA7.jpeg
    C7526DC3-5DB4-41CE-B1F9-875D7B93EBA7.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 37
  • C3E5BE59-C788-4325-9117-B0ED9B82D05B.jpeg
    C3E5BE59-C788-4325-9117-B0ED9B82D05B.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 33
  • C6E6F1DA-751D-4EE5-B804-93889FA4B210.jpeg
    C6E6F1DA-751D-4EE5-B804-93889FA4B210.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 29
  • 74BC9F11-ADFE-44C7-9FDB-F895C3B73468.jpeg
    74BC9F11-ADFE-44C7-9FDB-F895C3B73468.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 4719C06E-9FEB-49D9-90D6-2B017237CE40.jpeg
    4719C06E-9FEB-49D9-90D6-2B017237CE40.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 33
I don’t know much about boats but you should be able to tell if batteries are ok by plugging them into a decent charger. See if they hold charge. But batteries aren’t the end of the world, it’s all the other bits.

Does it float for starters?
Hello everyone

Can somebody tell me please, does this boat have potential? I know the electronics are old and outdated, but are those batteries any good and is it worth fixing up without spending a lot? Lol.
🤷🏻‍♂️ Any info would be appreciated thanks.

View attachment 71965
View attachment 71971

I don’t know much about boats but you should be able to tell if batteries are ok by plugging them into a decent charger. See if they hold charge. But batteries aren’t the end of the world, it’s all the other bits.

Does it float for starters?
Thank you very much yes it floats

Them batteries are pretty old, kinda hard to tell from your pics but they look puffy to me which is a sign of needing replacement, Be very cautious with lipos! Batteries will be pricey for this but this think would be a fun project, check for cracks,I would pull everything and reinforce it all, that motors pretty serious for an oldie, neat👍

Interesting. How long is the boat? Totally agree safely dispose of the batteries. What is the black tube around the prop? Previous owner trying to create a jet drive the hard way? Not sure what all that stuff is on the back of the boat but I would get rid of all of it. Looks like it has potencial. I would also post this over on https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forum.php . Lots of knowledge over there. If you post over there give as much detail as you know about the boat and they will steer you in the right direction.

I'm guessing that boat is almost 36" long. Should run good on 3 to 6's. With probably a 120 to 180amp ESC Motor at a guess maybe 2000 to 3000 kv. Unfortunately I'm just guessing. I'm still new myself to boats . The boats I have , have 2 motors each (Catamarans).You may need a lower KV motor because you only have the one motor.

Last edited:
Interesting. How long is the boat? Totally agree safely dispose of the batteries. What is the black tube around the prop? Previous owner trying to create a jet drive the hard way? Not sure what all that stuff is on the back of the boat but I would get rid of all of it. Looks like it has potencial. I would also post this over on https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forum.php . Lots of knowledge over there. If you post over there give as much detail as you know about the boat and they will steer you in the right direction.

I'm guessing that boat is almost 36" long. Should run good on 3 to 6's. With probably a 120 to 180amp ESC Motor at a guess maybe 2000 to 3000 kv. Unfortunately I'm just guessing. I'm still new myself to boats . The boats I have , have 2 motors each (Catamarans).You may need a lower KV motor because you only have the one motor.
To be honest it was given to me. So i was just looking to give it away to someone that would want to get it in the water again. It used to belong to the new england aquarium. It has a few data things inside My step father just retired from there and he gave it to me.
To be honest it was given to me. So i was just looking to give it away to someone that would want to get it in the water again. It used to belong to the new england aquarium. It has a few data things inside My step father just retired from there and he gave it to me.
Im more into the cars/buggies on road not on water.

Im in ma. Do u want just the boat. Im assuming u don't want the outdated electrics. If its not much to ship it. Ill send it to you.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks