Issues fitting DDM dominator on 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not an exact fit. It's more like a Harbor Freight kind of fit. Tighten the header pipe, slide silicone sleeve almost all the way on the exhaust so the pipe moves freely when connected to the header, attach the dog bones to the engine loosely. If I remember correctly, the bolt and nut on the starter side was the most difficult to get started. After you get the nuts started on the exhaust end of the dog bone, snug the dog bones to the engine. Then alternate tightening the exhaust mounting bolts and nuts. Tighten the dog bone bolts on the engine end, slide the silicone in to place and you should be good to go.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/need-help-with-ddm-pipe.24508/post-255641

any pics of ur fitment issses as then we can offer help...?hopefully ?
Here are some pics. Almost there but not quite!
It's not an exact fit. It's more like a Harbor Freight kind of fit. Tighten the header pipe, slide silicone sleeve almost all the way on the exhaust so the pipe moves freely when connected to the header, attach the dog bones to the engine loosely. If I remember correctly, the bolt and nut on the starter side was the most difficult to get started. After you get the nuts started on the exhaust end of the dog bone, snug the dog bones to the engine. Then alternate tightening the exhaust mounting bolts and nuts. Tighten the dog bone bolts on the engine end, slide the silicone in to place and you should be good to go.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/need-help-with-ddm-pipe.24508/post-255641

Thanks a lot for sharing. Figured it’d need some force. I’ve definitely tried applying some pressure since I’m kind of almost there but I’m definitely not feeling comfortable with the amount of force needed to get it to fit, feels like I’ll crack the base of the cylinder at one of the bolts.

Attachments

• 61F42430-232B-469B-9B2E-49B24994B108.jpeg
    61F42430-232B-469B-9B2E-49B24994B108.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 8D9ABA6D-4786-4C37-807E-43078E641A34.jpeg
    8D9ABA6D-4786-4C37-807E-43078E641A34.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 16
  • EA568E00-47A2-47C4-8CCF-C275D9449166.jpeg
    EA568E00-47A2-47C4-8CCF-C275D9449166.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 97499A61-A960-456B-A5C0-09AAE3AA1C4E.jpeg
    97499A61-A960-456B-A5C0-09AAE3AA1C4E.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Thanks a lot for sharing. Figured it’d need some force. I’ve definitely tried applying some pressure since I’m kind of almost there but I’m definitely not feeling comfortable with the amount of force needed to get it to fit, feels like I’ll crack the base of the cylinder at one of the bolts.

WOW.... :unsure:

Really should be using the shroud on the head? keeps the motor cool??

1596764389142.png

Damn! My mounting bracket was about an 1/8 inch misaligned. Yours looks like it is in another time zone. I don't think bending the brackets would help with your pipe. It looks as though the brackets need to be cut off and re-welded. I'd package it back up and get an exchange or refund from DDM.

View attachment 62002

Damn! My mounting bracket was about an 1/8 inch misaligned. Yours looks like it is in another time zone. I don't think bending the brackets would help with your pipe. It looks as though the brackets need to be cut off and re-welded. I'd package it back up and get an exchange or refund from DDM.

Yeah I’ve contacted DDM and they’ve offered to refund it. Kind of sucks since I remember I liked it the most out of the few pipes I had in the past.

Ah I see. Then extend the clutch mount side with a short piece of 1/8" thick by 1/2" wide by 3/4" long and drill a hole(on opposite ends) in it to allow the pipe to rotate.
I might do just that. Just tried to run it with a single side mount on pavement, heaps of bottom end on stock 32 compared to the other pipes I have (bartolone and victory). I really think the 2.0 clutch cover might be the culprit since the included hardware is a little too long for it too. I didn’t have the same problems when I mounted another dom on a 1.0, that was 8 years ago but I’m sure I would’ve remembered something about it if it was as annoying as this has been.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks