its! here at last

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

after a bit of a wait its here the beetle is born been wanting one for nealy a year and this shell came on ebay complete with tub its unused from what i can tell wasnt to bad price wise but man im well happy with it looks mental just a couple more bits to be done to it then im out with it at last all alloy 29cc ddm/zenoah stuffed crank zero drag seals wt771 alloy inlet tps layshaft brake cable fronts vrc exhaust malossi boost bottle 3rd ch pico killswitch sanwa gemini 2 more pics when i take it out next week hopefullyView attachment 4567

View attachment 4568

View attachment 4569

Last edited:
looking good renbar and the body and tub was a great find unused:cool2:

1 thing i suggest if you aint already done it is to strengthen up under

the body mounting holes as it will get :2guns:damaged when you roll

maybe a strip of thin alloy along the inside edge of the bodies sill

or if you can use penny wahers super glued on:boat:

yeah mate i aint using it until ive done something like that i think alloy strips is a winner the tub is unused so i would like to keep it as good as i can but yeah it was a good find just under £100 with postage so a result mega hapy i just don't want to use it

I don't think I would of ever put those colors together. I guess thats why I have to slop the brush and my wife tells me the colors to get. Love it!!:cool2:

:cool2:yeah i know what you mean i would have just done it white and like herbie like pipeous its a boy thing or mabye flip paint like my marder shell but had no choice as its second hand but its like new don't think its been used its hardly marked no cracks even the tubs a1

Attachments

• Picture 204.jpg
    Picture 204.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 201.jpg
    Picture 201.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
:rock-on:a couple of little changes to the beetle before i take it out bashing next week new alloy air filter mount found on ebay cheap dosnt do anything but it looks good and a new bumper as the old marder stainless steel one didnt fit so i made a quick alloy one to add a bit of front end protection going to make a rear one soon also added some stainless strips to the inside sills on the shell to add strength to mounting holes

Attachments

• Picture 208.jpg
    Picture 208.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
also consider re inforcing the tub. mine has cracked at the front wheel right where the little lip is, both sides now... I wrapped with fibre tape and black shoe goo and haven't seen any more cracks or breakage

How did you find them Kingcobra trakktor tyres? I had them on my Beetle and they were poop.
J.

ive not realy used then yet but i have read on here not many people like them if there poop i might cut the tread like knobblies i only got them i thought they would be a good all round tyre

also consider re inforcing the tub. mine has cracked at the front wheel right where the little lip is, both sides now... I wrapped with fibre tape and black shoe goo and haven't seen any more cracks or breakage

yeah i will do somthing along those lines i think been looking at a carbon fibre laminating kit to place over tub will add a bit of strength hopefully

I think the colors look cool myself.. I dunno. I like it. Unique makes it easy to see, especially in a crowd

yeah i looks good i think the design and colours are the old fg race team ones ive been looking online and found a few pics all the same im not 100%

couple more little changes today got rid of some of the stickers and redone all the pinstripe just to clean it up a little bit as it was lifting up in a couple of places plus half had been done in 3mm black tape the other was done in 6mm silver tape it just didnt look right plus its nice to put your own mark on somebody elses painting work

cheers mate its a different car now its just a shame some of the yellows a bit dull hes gone over it in black and its darkened it off should have done it in white first them the black other than that im happy well do one myself in the near future i want the sand scorcher but till then this will do just fine with my track record shell don't last me to long shame there so bloody costly but then ive only got to get shell were before i got this i needed shell and the tub and thats not cheap new unless you find a ebay bargain but thats mega rare

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks