its! here at last

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brakes

renbar, the reason i ask about the lay shaft i had some spare brake parts so i made my own layshaft brakes. ...TED

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 29
nice i went for the tps brake cause it came with alloy carrier ect and where id built car all from ebay bits and pieces it was the best option for me as i had no carrier or stock brake it was perfect for what i needed and didnt work out much more than a stock brake and alloy carrier i realy would love the tps front kit but cant see it at the mo due to starting the on road car

yeah ive got them on the rear but not got on the front as its got a older type a+b bulkhead ive lowerd it down at the momment by the shock adjuster will try it tommorow just rebled the brake and had to shim it as the pads are low also been trying to put a 18t pinnion on the diff side off the lay shaft but cant see it fitting without making chassis holes longer so gave up i know a 17t will fit so i may try and get one in the future

Renbar, on your front and rear upper wishbones you should have some 25mm studs for raising and lowering ride height
http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/_PDF-ANLEITUNGEN/E.06000-01.pdf
if you look at the FG diagram, the studs are part no. 6101
if you locate them on your car you will see the lugs they rest against and by winding them in you will lower the ride height
hope this helps

just been reading one of youre posts in another thread that you run 20/44 and 18/48 can you tell me how you got the 18t to fit ive been trying today but it looks like ive got to make chassis holes longer im not woried about grinding the engine just abit stuck on the rest is it worth the hassle at the mo im running a 19t/46t and 16t/48t on the diff side the 19t i found fits perfect and is the same overall size as the 18t just with 1 extra tooth

had to grind a bit of the crankcase and slot the holes for the engine mounts
i thought with the taller gears it might keep the front wheels down but it doesn't.....just wheelies faster....lol

cool i cant get mine to wheelie.is yours all alloy like mine its done the odd wheelie but only realy if its hit a bump,i might try putting the 18t on at some point only just put car back to geither im hopfully out tommorrow with it cant wait to see what the diff changes are like and to see what the car is like lowererd

had a run today just on flat grass n mud ive also cut the vees off the tyres now and lowerd car it was the best handling its ever been just needs some minor tweaks to get any more it never grip rolled once a first for this car just needs a bit less front brake plus try and get a little more oversteer

that screw in the arms isn't for lowering the vehicle. it's for limiting the downtravel of the suspension when the vehicle lifts... lowering is done with shock spacers. if you can't get the vehicle to go as low as you want with shock adjustment, you either need to change mounting positions or get a softer or shorter spring. adjusting the droop screw to lower will affect the handling, as the suspension needs t be able to drop into holes in the surface. if the shock is at full extension all the time (lift the vehicle and the suspension should droop down) then handling will be compromised

yeah i only lowerd on shock adjusters in the end quick to do and return to norm is easy but today was the best my cars handled just got to clean it now covered in mud and crap but worth it perfect run full tank no problems good muddy grass footie pitch im not changing it now apart from small changes here and there

had a little mishap with the bug took it out for a bash the other day and it got sort of a bit wet and shorted out the reciver not sure if ive done the servos or not but i couldnt have come at a worse time but ive wanted the spektrum handset with telemitry for ages so its a good the range on the sanwa has never been very good so it not going to get much more use for a couple of months it will give me chance to make some big changes hpi wheel adapters first on the list then hostile mxs for the rear on hpi outlaw wheels if they fit and a new engine is on the cards as the oddie 23 is going in the on road project i want a race ported 30.5cc with the tps red race set up going to strip the bug down now for a rebuild and freshen up and gear change want to change the diff side 16t for a 18t by the summer it should be going well nice bottom end grunt and good top end speed

couple more little changes to the bug since doing the canges to handling setup im happy with it but sick of the tub so have ditched the tub a lowered the body down lower have seen a few other bugs low like this and loved the mean look the body has had so much abuse it was on its last legs so doining this has saved the best part of the sheel hardly any damage to the main body it was the arches and rear plus sillls what were held together with cable ties had to cut out around pipe just got to sort out the mounting posts then its done next job new handset hpi wheels/adapters and waterproofing :lol:

Attachments

• Photo0187.jpg
    Photo0187.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo0188.jpg
    Photo0188.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo0190.jpg
    Photo0190.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 17
I agree the tubs are a pain. especially if you run in dirt. I thought it would help keep crap out but it's opposite. you bug looks sick (in a good way). I'd love to have some of those parts

yeah its took along time and alot more money than i wanted but its a nice useable setup the engine and pipe are just great i want this engine for my on road im gathering parts for the new engine i want a 30.5cc raceported +2mm crank and red race tps ignition kit +the oddified ecu should be a nice replacement and be more suited to the bugs setup

im not going to change the gears just yet i need to see what happens after i change to hpi rims as there a bit bigger i think about 15mm dia more so if im right in thinking that will up the gearing any way plus with the tyres im planning its ether going to wheelie like mad and flip or rip the ground up and be fun i realy don't want to make drastic changes to it as its got a good natural balance and is quick in all the right places but lacks grip at times hostile mxs or bow ties should solve that

cool there on my long long list after the handset im also looking on tps website they have got some desperado style wheels and tyres front and rear with bow tie tyres not badly priced they may be worth it

wheel swaps back on hold as ive had to spunk money for them on a handset got the dx3s coming going to put the telemitry in this and other rx is going in the on road cant wait it seems like ages since ive used the bug in anger will get some pics and a small review on the dx3s when its here and fitted god knows how im going to fit the rpm sensor and temp sensor i know theres some threads on here saying there a wast of time and not for largescales but i like the idea and if its got it i will use it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks