its! here at last

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aint been on this thread for a while cars now in bits waiting for parts ive ripped the tyres of the rims again ive got to reglue again melted my mamouths square drive so there not any good now got a second hand fg 4 plate clutch comming next week and a carbon radio tray as well im also going to stiffen up the rear shocks a bit as i put hpi baja 25wt oil in its a bit to bouncey so im going for 35/40 in the rears fronts are spot on also waiting on a head gasket.what glue should i try im sick of it ripping tyres of the rims if i cant sort im going hpi baja wheels hopefully that will sort it

aint been on this thread for a while cars now in bits waiting for parts ive ripped the tyres of the rims again ive got to reglue again melted my mamouths square drive so there not any good now got a second hand fg 4 plate clutch comming next week and a carbon radio tray as well im also going to stiffen up the rear shocks a bit as i put hpi baja 25wt oil in its a bit to bouncey so im going for 35/40 in the rears fronts are spot on also waiting on a head gasket.what glue should i try im sick of it ripping tyres of the rims if i cant sort im going hpi baja wheels hopefully that will sort it

Super glue mate,worked for all mine.
J.

not sure if they will fit mine as ive got the ones with the metal ring on the rim i think im changing over to hpi rims now more tyre choice and no glue

just checked looks like they will fit my rims may give them a try soon be nice to try and salvage my mammouth wheels still got tons of life left in them plus they grip much better than the standard width fg ones allthough there a bit worn last time i used them it was wicked fun sliding the thing around corners

i cant see them breaking wicked just put them top of my list couple of weeks i think il ditch the hpi wheel swap and give these a try just got head gasket so will do that soon waiting for my fg clutch and carbon radio tray to get here ordered some trye glue from ebay cant wait it seems like month since ive used the bug

got my radio tray and fg 4 block clutch today so stripped the bug down and got it all done clutch bits nice about the same as standard hpi red spring one couldnt get a run out of the car as its pissing down but had a quick try in the carpark at home but just spinning the lorry slicks no grip what so ever but 5 mins of fun head gasket also now sorted radio tray looks wicked and is less than half the weight of the alloy one and looks better just got to glue my offroad tyres now then hopefully if its dry over the weekend i can play again it seems like months just got hold of a adjustable diff case for my 4 plate locking diff so will be converting this next my list is getting shorter hydos for the front tps red race ignition thats about me done

Last edited:
cheers mate it been a long road and a bit over my original budget of @£800 ive done over 3-4 times that but id do it all over again i am thinking of making a on road lorry or touring car to the same spec already started puting bits in a box got a carbon radio tray for a evo 7/8 a carb and f1 air filter set bottom of a zenoah theres just one little problem holding me back theres not many places for a on road round here

done a full strip and rebuild today got rid of months of built up grim and crap looks to nice to use again but cant wait to get it outhandy i got round to doing it as it had a couple of screws lose and some hidden ones missing so all clean rebuilt and ready to go

Last edited:
I have the same clutch in my f1 but a white nylon shoe. had some trouble with the screws backing out but it is really nice. kicks in at a fairly high rev so lots of punch but smooth. looking good. pray to the rc gods for good weather and get to rockin'

couple of pics of the changes to the bug ive trimed the arches of as there were so many cable ties holding them on so ive trimed them off looks good again and not so beaten up

Last edited:
have no got the adjustable diff kit fitted so now have a four plate self locking diff had to make up some spacers to lift up the diff a bit didnt want to use diff raisers so made some up from alloy just for the diff mounts so rear lower arms a the same height also i didnt want to cut the chassis cant wait to get it out and try it outthis has been on my want to do list for ages hopefully its worth the wait

took the bug out today just in my carpark and main road couldnt get any power downhardly worth it snows just to deep but still good fun doing doughnuts and spraying my little girl in snow diff works very well much better now its set about 70/80% locked and drives better than it did last year in the snow but it got a bit wet but air line soon gets it all off now its back in the warm on its shelf will try to get a vid soon as the only ones ive got its using the old 29cc engine

bug setup

renbar,i have been following the changes to the bug, i must say very nice but, i think you need to lower it so to get the best out of it. how do you find the brakes at the back on the lay shaft? ....keep up the good work. TED:D:D:D

cheers ted how can i lower it shocks are mounted on the lowest holes ie lower arms and shock towers can i just lower it by the shock adjusters or do i need stiffer shorter springs as for the rear layshaft brake i find it works very well with the savox servo but does need bleeding every now and then but its enough on its own to stop the bug from flat out i added front cable brakes to add balance as it just wanted to swap ends without them

cheers ted how can i lower it shocks are mounted on the lowest holes ie lower arms and shock towers can i just lower it by the shock adjusters or do i need stiffer shorter springs as for the rear layshaft brake i find it works very well with the savox servo but does need bleeding every now and then but its enough on its own to stop the bug from flat out i added front cable brakes to add balance as it just wanted to swap ends without them

ok there are two ways you lower the bug 1. i use fuel tube cut 1inh or 3/4 of inh x4 one for each shock , dismatle the socks & but the cut fuel on the shock shaft slide the tube to the top shock piston then put the sock back together. 2 is to use shocks limiter cables hop this help. TED:D:D:D

i think 2 is the way for me ive only just rebuilt and oiled my shocks and cant be bothered to redo again so i might make up a set of cables how much lower are you talking about i don't want it scrapping the chassis or no good for bashing but atleast with straps i could remove them quick and put back on for flat grass bashing which i do most anyway

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks