its! here at last

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi renbar, its been a little while since ive posted on the site and ive just turned my attention back to this site. like the changes you have made to your bug, would like to see what it does onroad i also have the ECU from ian with the temp control. heres a little video of my beetle 30.5 TS engine 2011 spec engine. abit of a handful but my son drives it well.

http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/...n=view&current=badboykainelightinguptrcak.mp4

heres the link.let me know what you think. Ted

cheers ive not been about much myself been realy busy helping wagon with his house.ive not used my bug in months other than a 10 min run a couple of weeks ago, i don't use it on road any more and i had to sell my lorry slicks and ecu a while back to free up some funds for the hand set but as soon as i get better off then i may try the new ecu he does but at the mo im more than happy with the bug as is.that beetle youve got looks mental tons of power you cant beat oddie power i wont ever use any thing else nowand mines only a 23cc 4 bolt made in 2006 but it pushes out just under 6hp and moves my car round sweet i need to get back on it sort of lost intrest at the mo it just sitting there

had a short test of the king cobra step studs today realy good grip much better than the fg tyres but managed to rip one clean off the rim again getting sick of it now i glued them with super glue as well 1 tube on each wheell super glue my arse going to get some tyre glue from ebay now and reglue them thats it im sick of glued tyres hpi rims are next thing now once i get sorted there on the top of the list

ive got a set of king cobra step studs for the rear now and there good much better than fg's tyres,,,the tracktor tyres are best left for tracktors or 4wd's they would be ok for them they just never gripped like i wanted

couple of little changes to the bug its now sporting some racing strips [was bored nowt on tv]hopefully it will make it much faster and also painted up the old wheels to make it grip better lol all done with a little pot of airfix paint and bit of masking tape

Attachments

• Photo0247.jpg
    Photo0247.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
just spent all night fitting a 18t gear to my layshaft now running 18/46 18/48 gearing took a while to fit had to make some of the chassis holes a bit longer and grind the engine down next to the gear but it fits hopefully will give me a bit more top end and not lose to much bottom end

wasnt happy with the 18t gear swap so after all the hassle of getting it to fit its now back as it was also had a knightmare with a couple of bearings on the layshaft one had no balls left init so swaped them for some new ones all good again,,,,got the front step studs fitted thanks to wagon for giving me another pair as the wheels aint any good due to rounded squares they were no longer any good for his mcd so ive made good use of them cheers bud,,,,,,got bored yesterday so i tryed stripping the bug shell of paint using cellulose thinners it got it of but it dulls the lexan so don't try it this ended up with me having to paint the outside of the bug in normal cheapy car paint £1 a can satin black its worked out realy well and looks the nuts yes it will get damaged being painted on the outside but i will do it again plus its only a quid a can so im happy to paint it after every run if you look at the windscreen you can see what the thinners has done to the lexan it now looks like a new shell until its used next

Attachments

• Photo0260.jpg
    Photo0260.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo0261.jpg
    Photo0261.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo0262.jpg
    Photo0262.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 7
another new look for the bug this must be the cheapest facelift ever total cost £1 paint £1.45 monster energy decals done job ordered the decals yesterday and they came today hows that for good service next job use the bugger

Attachments

• Photo0264.jpg
    Photo0264.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo0263.jpg
    Photo0263.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo0265.jpg
    Photo0265.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks