just about to dust off the 5b after a few years, need some upgrades...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair nuff........u got quite a good selection in that price range....(y)...... I run 2x flysky gt3b`s here....all £27 each of them...:ROFLMAO:.....but there very good for the money...(y)...got 2x old skool spectrum dx3`s here..:cool:...and a top spec futuba 4pvT.......(y)

with these better radio systems do i need to run a stand alone kill switch or is that sort of feature built in, im clueless as you may of seen

cheers

ok thanks, ill get one ordered, no point doing all this to it then letting it run away,

i assume the new modern radio sets don't have ridiculous aerials now

Yes mate you need an engine kill also, switchblade are decent and fairly cheap

I have his email if would like it pm me?
ok thanks, ill get one ordered, no point doing all this to it then letting it run away,

i assume the new modern radio sets don't have ridiculous aerials now
Nah just a small antenna now..lol
Futaba are the best radios btw

hi jason. i originally lived in banbury, oxfordshire so not far away.

as stated, i would start with 40wt oil in the shocks and see how that goes.

i would use 15k in the diff.

you may find as the baja has been sat for a few years that the carb might be cloged and gummed up as this happened to mine after i left it for a year lol so a new carb or strip and clean of your old one might be on the cards.

as for radio gear you will always get different opinions. i run a sanwa radio now but have ran the flysky in the past and it was ok to start with.

you will need a 3 channel radio at least if you want to run a kill switch so you can use the 3rd channel for the kill switch.

there are many different kill switches out there so have a search. switchblade,killerbee ect.

as for upgrades i would recommend the following

if you are going back to stock gearing, i would be looking into the vertigo clutch bell as the bolts can snap easily in the stock clutch bell.

hostile spur gear or a steel spur gear as a stripped gear can end play pretty quickly.

the front steering rods are pretty weak in stock form but will be ok to start with.

basically i tend to upgrade as i break stuff as everyone drives differently and my break things that others wont lol.

just have fun and upgrade along the way. (y)

hi jason. i originally lived in banbury, oxfordshire so not far away.

as stated, i would start with 40wt oil in the shocks and see how that goes.

i would use 15k in the diff.

you may find as the baja has been sat for a few years that the carb might be cloged and gummed up as this happened to mine after i left it for a year lol so a new carb or strip and clean of your old one might be on the cards.

as for radio gear you will always get different opinions. i run a sanwa radio now but have ran the flysky in the past and it was ok to start with.

you will need a 3 channel radio at least if you want to run a kill switch so you can use the 3rd channel for the kill switch.

there are many different kill switches out there so have a search. switchblade,killerbee ect.

as for upgrades i would recommend the following

if you are going back to stock gearing, i would be looking into the vertigo clutch bell as the bolts can snap easily in the stock clutch bell.

hostile spur gear or a steel spur gear as a stripped gear can end play pretty quickly.

the front steering rods are pretty weak in stock form but will be ok to start with.

basically i tend to upgrade as i break stuff as everyone drives differently and my break things that others wont lol.

just have fun and upgrade along the way. (y)

Yeah i planned to break things then upgrade for some of the bits, now i have a runway to play on i might keep the 3 speed, ive never noticed it change gears, thats either because ive fitted the thing the wrong way around or its just not needed to change up, time will tell i guess

i wrongly thought the idea of the kill switch was to automatically cut the engine if it got out of range, didnt realise it needs a radio channel to work, but that said any radio gear i get will have more than 2 channels anyway

Yeah i planned to break things then upgrade for some of the bits, now i have a runway to play on i might keep the 3 speed, ive never noticed it change gears, thats either because ive fitted the thing the wrong way around or its just not needed to change up, time will tell i guess

i wrongly thought the idea of the kill switch was to automatically cut the engine if it got out of range, didnt realise it needs a radio channel to work, but that said any radio gear i get will have more than 2 channels anyway
u have to kill it urself.(y)..aslong as ur quik enuff to realise whats happening...o_O…….:ROFLMAO:
what switch did u go for???

just looked at a few youtube videos for the flysky gt5 radio gear, looks ok for the money, im ok buying a more expensive one but don't ee the need if i don't need to, im not going to be racing it or anything and ill get to spend more money on other things

looked at loads of reviews on this gt5 and the traction control / gyro system looks great, i don't know whether the futaba ones have that but i might find that useful

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks