just about to dust off the 5b after a few years, need some upgrades...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasongtr

hello everyone, im in the UK so i hope there are a few UK memebers here too,

ive had my baja 5b for a few years but ill be honest as say its not had much use with me and has sat for the last 4 or 5 years unused, but ive decided to dust it off and get it out again

its had a few mods by me which include

3 speed gearbox - although for now i may go back to the single speed
front disk brakes
bigger engine (not by me) i think its 28 or 29cc with some sort of tuned pipe, but i really cannot remember the size

looking to spend some hard earned cash on it, no idea where to start, but something like

better wheels and tyres,
better suspension
perhaps better than stock radio gear
new body, i like the idea of a 5t conversion but also like the all black look of a baja

any flat aluminium upgrade parts i could make on my CNC router machine and id rather make them then buy them, all part of the fun

i have access to a large runway with large grass areas so it will be a mixture of the two surfaces, but happy to just run it on one for now

any advise gratefully received

thanks

Welcome to the forum!!!! we are here to help! do u have any pictures of your baja? also yes there are UK members here (y) from Africa to the US we have members!

ok good stuff, never taken a pic of it to be honest, its literally covered in dust so im going to totally strip it down and rebuild and clean it first

hello everyone, im in the UK so i hope there are a few UK memebers here too,

ive had my baja 5b for a few years but ill be honest as say its not had much use with me and has sat for the last 4 or 5 years unused, but ive decided to dust it off and get it out again

its had a few mods by me which include

3 speed gearbox - although for now i may go back to the single speed
front disk brakes
bigger engine (not by me) i think its 28 or 29cc with some sort of tuned pipe, but i really cannot remember the size

looking to spend some hard earned cash on it, no idea where to start, but something like

better wheels and tyres,
better suspension
perhaps better than stock radio gear
new body, i like the idea of a 5t conversion but also like the all black look of a baja

any flat aluminium upgrade parts i could make on my CNC router machine and id rather make them then buy them, all part of the fun

i have access to a large runway with large grass areas so it will be a mixture of the two surfaces, but happy to just run it on one for now

any advise gratefully received

thanks

If you’ve barely used it, I doubt you need to break it down to rebuild anything..
Just replace the spark plug and some pour some FRESH FUEL/Oil mix
Remember to Oil the air filter**

If it starts, let it warm up a bit. Idle a good 5/10’min. Sorta like a mild break in for the engine/drive train.

Adjust carb if needed....

Now Go have some fun :cool:(y) brrrrraaaapppp

For the suspension, try a different weight oil and spring set up before you go spending $3/400 on shocks lol.

For the radio, the best bang for the buck is the flysky 3ch. But it’s real hit and miss with issues. $35, is well worth the try to me lol.
But I ended up with a Futaba 4pv, so far so good.

Welcome back to the 5th scale life, soon you will have a serious talk with your bank account and your Baja. You will be caught in the middle and let me tell you. Baja always wins.
Have fun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you’ve barely used it, I doubt you need to break it down to rebuild anything..
Just replace the spark plug and some pour some FRESH FUEL/Oil mix
Remember to Oil the air filter**

If it starts, let it warm up a bit. Idle a good 5/10’min. Sorta like a mild break in for the engine/drive train.

Adjust carb if needed....

Now Go have some fun :cool:(y) brrrrraaaapppp

For the suspension, try a different weight oil and spring set up before you go spending $3/400 on shocks lol.

For the radio, the best bang for the buck is the flysky 3ch. But it’s real hit and miss with issues. $35, is well worth the try to me lol.
But I ended up with a Futaba 4pv, so far so good.

Welcome back to the 5th scale life, soon you will have a serious talk with your bank account and your Baja. You will be caught in the middle and let me tell you. Baja always wins.
Have fun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
?? So tru

?? So tru

Thanks, the main couple of reasons for stripping it down is a proper clean and I’d quite like it black so painting the chassis etc

What weight oil for road use Is recommend the highest number I assume

Plus the radio gear I was looking at was the spektrum ones

I know these things are not cheap but another hobby I have is Astro photography and I’ve just spent a couple of grand on that in the last couple of months, need a cheap hobby .... haha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks