Just bought my first bougie servos (4) NSDRC RS2500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSteve

I did it, I bought my first fancy servos! I went with NSDRC because they are California company and I haven’t heard any horror stories about them. I like to support local (even at the state level).

The specs look down right amazing with power to spare. They almost should be strong enough when I put them in rear steer to keep the car straight on WOT with 12s power!

How many of you guys and girls are running the NSDRC RS2500 in your trucks?

Which would you pick the AFGRC 125kg or the NSDRC RS2500 and why?

I build cars for people sometimes and sell the NSDRC servos, have built two primal MT's so far with the RS2500's and they're great servos. One of them will actually steer the truck with ease! I'm just over in Napa, not far away from you looks like. Been busy with a bunch of projects so my MT isn't even built yet, hopefully get to finish it up over winter. Had all of the chassis parts custom anodized :)

Haven't tried it myself, but the problem with the rear steering on its own under power is the servo saver, then if you tighten it the servo breaks. Just what I've seen, hope they can cure this for you. The specs on these servos is ridiculous on 4s! I just put 2 agf 100kg in the front of my mega truck, still doesn't turn the wheels at a standstill, but scared to tighten the saver

I'm just over in Napa, not far away from you looks like.
You ever go bashing in the sierra foothills or visit Sac? I'm always down for another monster truck to bash with. You gotta realize, if there is only one Monster Truck, it is a freak, if there are many then it is something else. I got my his and hers (electric and gas) trucks and now they will be able to turn the wheels at a standstill! Unfortunately, I'm waiting for them to arrive, So Cal to Nor Cal through the post office should be pretty quick. They were ordered today before 10AM and I was hoping they are going out today but it doesn't look that way, since I didn't get any shipping notifications.
Haven't tried it myself, but the problem with the rear steering on its own under power is the servo saver, then if you tighten it the servo breaks. Just what I've seen, hope they can cure this for you. The specs on these servos is ridiculous on 4s! I just put 2 agf 100kg in the front of my mega truck, still doesn't turn the wheels at a standstill, but scared to tighten the saver
I haven't fully committed to the rear steer yet, I just have two trucks but swapping out axles is not recommended because it is a pain the a$$, especially with dual shocks on both trucks. After looking at what you are saying, that makes perfect since about not being able to tighten the servo saver in a saving way. It seems like it would be a better crawling only setup, not sure if I want to waste a Max4 on that. I'll probably stop perusing it and just the savings in servos might be worth it, but if someone were to buy 4 or more of these NSDRC RS2500 maybe use the promo code FOURORMORE20 for a nice surprise.
Those nsdrc servos are very well respected. No complaints from any one. I thought about using them but went with the 78 kg agfrc.
I was looking at the AFGRC 125kg servos but I like to buy local so I went NSDRC especially after seeing their specs and the Youtube video to quasi back it up (we don't see a scale calibration process but we can duplicate it).

Last edited:
I am curious as to what you mean with this regarding tightening the saver on the rear steer. I don't remember are you running a more powerful engine than stock on your rig?

I am curious as to what you mean with this regarding tightening the saver on the rear steer. I don't remember are you running a more powerful engine than stock on your rig?
As a 4ws Raminator owner, what is your experience (besides the awesome pictures) with 4ws and driving? Any issues to be aware of?

No I just have the stock engine and no rear steer. My statements are based off kevin talbot on you tube. He had a 50gt, a 80 gt, one that he did the rear steer on way hard to put power down and hold a straight line. He then explained that tightening the saver down to stop the unwanted steering would put all the strain onto the servo and he had several that the output shaft broke clean off the servo.

No I just have the stock engine and no rear steer. My statements are based off kevin talbot on you tube. He had a 50gt, a 80 gt, one that he did the rear steer on way hard to put power down and hold a straight line. He then explained that tightening the saver down to stop the unwanted steering would put all the strain onto the servo and he had several that the output shaft broke clean off the servo.
Gotcha...makes sense. Yeah running the stock engine and rear steer...no issues here for well over a year of running it. But not putting NEARLY the power of a 50 or 80.

These servos are amazing, they throw the four tires around like nothing, almost reminds me of my crawlers. They are powered by a 4s 5600mah battery, a little overkill but there are lights I need to hook up. My truck has plumped up to 102lbs but the servos don't notice. As far as 4ws and these servos, I don't seem to have much of a problem but I did crank down the servo saver some. I do need to set the alignment of the rear axle since it is a brand new factory axle and plows.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks