Just got an FG Monster Beetle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
in my eyes it is only important to use 4% of oil if you have a G320 Zenoah engine.
I use only in my cars 3% of oil by a Zenoah G230-G290 all of them will run fine and that over years in races.
If you use 4% oil you will have a to fat mixture and the engine will not run good.
Wolle

Need some help here please. I almost have the engine out. I removed the screws from underneath the car, and from one side. Now all I see are the two gears and two screws left. Am I supposed to remove the gears by removing the E clip first or will that all come out in one piece?

Also, do I need to apply heat to the last two screws as they are really tight. I hate being so new to this!

Thank you!

Okay, I am putting everything back now. How does the disc go for the brake? In between the metal strips or next to the other silicon disc strip? Need some help please.

Marley76,

Does the brake stay in between the metal discs or not? Just trying to see how this all goes back together and am starting to get flustered.

Is the disc supposed to spin freely after tightening the lock screw?

Thank you!

So the disc should spin freely? I screwed down the lock screw to the shaft, right? That way the disc spins when the shaft is spinning? Also, my kill switch did not come with the plastic covers, is that going to be an issue?

Thank you everyone!

Hello,

the disk will not spin free it will run on the square but not locked it will swim. Lay down and hold the disk to the gear plate and then move the square into the direction of the disk/bearing, please note that the small round diameter will look to the bearing, if you have turn it into the other diection it will not work you cant move the square close enough to the gear plate.
Wolle

Wolle,

Thank you this information! So I do lock the metal part that is attached to the disc beak with the locking screw to the metal shaft? I know what you are saying about the square and the bearing, just want to know where the locking screw ties to?

Thank you!

Okay, car is back together and now for my dumb question. Where do I plug the battery pack into? Does it go directly into the receiver?

Thank you!

Figured out the battery part, plugs right into the receiver.

One more thing, ther YAdapter that is attached to the steering Servo. Is that like this on purpose?

Wolle,

The Receiver I have for the T2M radio does support three channels, so it does work and is green with my AUX turned off. Once I turn on AUX, the buzzer goes off and I get a solid red light. Looks like wiring is all set. Now just need to get gasoline and start the break in process.

What I do not understand it why I do not have an on-off switch for the receiver? I guess I can buy one a the LHS and plug it into the battery and then BATT part of the receiver. I will charge the battery to full so I can test the steering and brake trim.

Thank you everyone! I am so new to this I just don't want to mess anything up.

Figured out the battery part, plugs right into the receiver.

One more thing, ther YAdapter that is attached to the steering Servo. Is that like this on purpose?
Y-adaptor can permit addition of a remote kill switch - GET ONE (if you haven't already) - and/or can be used for a second steering servo to boost the steering torque (I run twin Multiplex Rhinos - need the torque!!).

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks