Just got an FG Monster Beetle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I often find in work when trying to remove a stubborn bolt is to (if you can get a good enough purchase on it) press down hard on the bolt / screw / snapped stem and unscrew at the same time, that's quite successful sometimes. Hope you manage to remove it anyway. If not, there's plenty on ebay going cheap.

I’ll give that a try. Last night I used my heat gun and I think I am past the point of return. The alloy is a little bent now so I think I am going to need to purchase a new one.

On another note, does the screw set come with a long enough metal screw to use this part? Do I need to source my own screw that is long enough?

Thank you!

Not sure on that one, when mine was 2WD I changed the stock plastic mounts to ali, which were bought new through ebay - no screws came with them. I had my own box of machined screws anyway so just found one the correct thread (M3 or M4 is it?) to fit the job. Then when the FG 4WD conversion kit came along, I'm sure I had to change one of the ali mounts to the plastic mount which came in the kit?!

Put it all back together now and used Loctite where metal to metal made contact. Charging the battery now. Will get gas tomorrow or so and then try and find a place to turn it on and break in the motor.

Okay I am stuck again. I charged the battery and I am getting a green light on the receiver.

The issue is steering does not work nor throttle. The servos are doing nothing at all.

What gives?

Thank you!

Okay so everything is back and it is time to test. I purchased 25:1 pre mix fuel just for break-in. Went to the LHS with a track and was told not to start anything and that it was too large to run there.

So I now have a brand new still never run 5th scale RC bug. At this point not sure if it is worth keeping or trading for a DBXL-E or something. So frustrated right now. I have a car I cannot even run where I live. :banghead::rage::wtf:

Whoduh - I am in search of an open area. Still looking though. I contacted my Brother-in-law and he says he may have a spot I can test it at. We'll see next weekend.

Thank you!

I ran my MB in on the docks in a ship yard, the ship I was working on at the time was laid up for 4months for works - I had the night shift, which meant nobody else around!! ACE! Out came the MB with a full tank, and began trundling the thing around on the a huge open flat area next to the ship. Perfect!

Went to an empty parking lot early this morning. I was there around 7:00am. A cop showed up and told me to go home. WTH man!

Nope. Started the engine at 2pm and I was told by a store employee to leave the premises. My Brother-in-law has a spot I can run it at and break it in.

Heading up there next weekend as he is out of town this weekend. Also purchased some VP Fuel 25:1 for the break in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks