Just Got One

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope tomorrow is too.
I ended up just getting a cheap set of hex bits for now plus an extension. I couldn't find a small set of metric bits nowhere. I found a set of Milwaukee standard bits, but they were sold out of metric. I guess metric is starting to win out now cuz everything's made in China these days. I dunno.

Attachments

• 20210529_221307.jpg
    20210529_221307.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
https://www.miponline.com/MIP-Speed-Tip-Hex-Driver-Wrench-Set-Metric-3-1-5mm-2-0mm-and-2-5mm-9512
https://www.miponline.com/MIP-Speed-Tip-Hex-Driver-Wrench-3-0-mm-9011S

You will strip screws and make wrenching an unenjoyable experience with the cheap stuff, speaking from experience, I have been through far through many cheap sets, they are just not precise enough, way to easy to strip anything under 4mm.
Yeh, well that's all I could get for now. Those MIP's are too rich for my blood. I'll get a small set of Milwaukee metric whenever they get some more at home depot. Milwaukee is a good brand. Thanks.
fair enough dude,
but ya did say running it in now and its a beautiful day in the neighbourhood in the same post,
so what do you think anyone would think ? 🤷‍♂️
I can only be responsible for what I say, not for what you think, dude.
yup, that was the point I was trying to get across in post 81. you didnt seem to catch on tho 😂
To whom are you addressing this?

I can only be responsible for what I say, not for what you think, dude.
no worries then (y),
people on here have been trying to steer you in the right direction about running with a killswitch,
it only takes one servo failure or battery failure, or loss of signal when you blip the throttle and you can have a runaway that gets very expensive,
and i call lots of people i don't know or don't know very well dude, its not meant in any other way than if i called you by your name, which i don't know,
crack on and do as ya like (y),

no worries then (y),
people on here have been trying to steer you in the right direction about running with a killswitch,
it only takes one servo failure or battery failure, or loss of signal when you blip the throttle and you can have a runaway that gets very expensive,
and i call lots of people i don't know or don't know very well dude, its not meant in any other way than if i called you by your name, which i don't know,
crack on and do as ya like (y),
I am well aware of the fact that people in here have told me about the dangers of running without a remote killswitch and I have thanked each and every one of them personally. I know all about what could happen that could cause a runaway. I never thought anything about you calling me dude, so I don't know why you're telling me that. I said it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood because it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Good night, sir.
I'm fixin to figure out how to set the steering correctly. It turns better left than right. I had already set the end point limits beforehand so as not to put unnecessary strain on the servos. I think it's just not aligned properly.

Last edited:
I am well aware of the fact that people in here have told me about the dangers of running without a remote killswitch and I have thanked each and every one of them personally. I know all about what could happen that could cause a runaway. I never thought anything about you calling me dude, so I don't know why you're telling me that. I said it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood because it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Good night, sir.
I'm fixin to figure out how to set the steering correctly. It turns better left than right. I had already set the end point limits beforehand so as not to put unnecessary strain on the servos. I think it's just not aligned properly.
Is it driving straight? Also double check it on a bench to make sure it’s throwing to each side equally

Is it driving straight? Also double check it on a bench to make sure it’s throwing to each side equally
It does drive straight. It maxes out both ways when I set the end points, but to the right it's 65% whereas it's more like 75% to the left. So I can't make it go right more by increasing the end point. Must be the throw, right?

either adjust the end pints to where you get the same throw to each direction, put a longer servo horn on to get more through with the same servo(not sure how possible that is with the tight space) the Baja is known for dog poop steering. If you don’t want to throw money at the issue then you may have to deal with it

either adjust the end pints to where you get the same throw to each direction, put a longer servo horn on to get more through with the same servo(not sure how possible that is with the tight space) the Baja is known for dog poop steering. If you don’t want to throw money at the issue then you may have to deal with it
Yeh, I've got it in my coffee table right now. I got it to turn more to the right with the end point adjustment, but the more I look at it, the more obvious it becomes that it's just cheap assed steering. I probably will just go ahead and upgrade the steering. Thanks, bud. 👍
Friggin lawnmower! I took it off.

Attachments

• 20210530_000740.jpg
    20210530_000740.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yeh, I'm looking through the threads. There was a guy i was talking to when I first ordered this kit that rattled off a few upgrades he thought I should do right out of the box. I know one was the steering. I believe it just may have been the turtle racing. I'll see if I can link it here if and when I find it.
Ah yes, here it is. It was Trooper. https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/king-motor-vs-rovan.18850/post-327527

thats fine then,
but i suggest you re read some posts yourself,
post 79 i asked a question and offered advice thats all, nothing against yourself,
post 87 the dude thing, sentence, then comma and dude, seemed you were upset at me calling you dude in that post thats all,
was just explaining that i call lots of people dude because you seemed upset going by the way the post was worded,
good luck with it,

thats fine then,
but i suggest you re read some posts yourself,
post 79 i asked a question and offered advice thats all, nothing against yourself,
post 87 the dude thing, sentence, then comma and dude, seemed you were upset at me calling you dude in that post thats all,
was just explaining that i call lots of people dude because you seemed upset going by the way the post was worded,
good luck with it,
Please let it go, man. I'm begging you.

I'll get a small set of Milwaukee metric whenever they get some more at home depot. Milwaukee is a good brand. Thanks.
you cant think like that, yes milwaukee is a good brand, just not for this. The bits are not precise enough and will wear out at a quicker rate, I have them, and pick the mip over them. Milwakee is ok to chuck in your bash bag for a quick fix, but not for any real wrenching for extended periods of time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks