King Motor Baja 30.5cc KSRC-001 RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- The Spanish-American war lasted some four months. On May 1st, US forces destroyed the Spanish fleet in Manila Bay, the Philippines dealing a decisive blow to the Spanish armada.

- The Spanish-American war lasted some four months. On May 1st, US forces destroyed the Spanish fleet in Manila Bay, the Philippines dealing a decisive blow to the Spanish armada.

- The Treaty of Paris gave the United States full control over all former Spanish military installations as well as some 120,000 acres of land formerly owned by the Spanish Crown on the island.

Its sad, they don't teach anything about it in school, and then they brag about the land of opportunity, the melting pot, but are clueless as to why and how things happened, as if PR fell from the sky as an act of magic. Nobody forced them to, Spaniards were comfortable keeping PR as their property, the US took over command. Ignorance is rampant, have lost count how many times I have been asked how I became a US citizen, and how did I manage to find so and so job etc. Some employees have seen me draft emails, and are surprised how well I draft them, which I am already past it, in one ear, out the other, not worth the trouble. Why I did not take a day off, its Cinco de Mayo, Arent you going to celebrate? .... what? really? and the list goes on and on. Even one time they asked me how far it is from the US, and I said, by horse about two days. Another one asked, if back home I ever raised chickens, wow, simply wow, LOLz

No need to explain about the Commonwealth, (but thank you), my question was in regards to the FG class, I have seen Rampages, Bajas, Losi 5ives, but very rare a owner back in the island, and hardcore like you are. So I was just curious if the FG line pick up momentum, and is back as a solid RC platform.

I keep finding pictures in my inbox, here are a few more of your on-road 1/5th FG, and one of your baja, but its shy out of focus. NOTE: the pictures belong to OSKYGT user, not mine, it is his ride.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
Crank, right now there are six of us with FG on road cars, we run them in a parking lot when we get a chance,but that's not too often, and 3 of us have bajas. Yeah, I know what you mean about the ignorance of some people, I get asked a lot of dumb ?, since I speak both languages fluently, I get asked, if i'm native to the island or am I an American, duh. PR's are US citizens, just in case anyone here was wondering. Any way i'm planning on installing KM's class 1 buggy body next month, just like the way they look, and want to have something different. Still haven't had a chance to hear and run the new pipe, but i'm guessing it's going to be very good. Oh, sorry for the pic's, just wanted you too see the FG naked.

b

Although I do hate Aliexpress once in a while and regret to have placed orders from them, it makes me glad when items arrive and have saved money.

Below;
30.5cc/29cc top end, $28.00 /each
- 4 bolt, includes piston, ring, wrist pin, clips, wrist pin bearing, gaskets, bolts, spark plug
pull start w metal cog, $8.00 /each
carburetor $14.00 / each
baja cage handle 66158, $4.00/each

*all items include shipping.

If you notice they are King Motor and sometimes Rovan brand. The quality has improved considerably, no longer that cheap plastic. The CH has a nice cross hatch finish with no casting defects.IMG_20161108_151807.jpgIMG_20161108_151821.jpgIMG_20161108_151830.jpgIMG_20161108_151919.jpgIMG_20161108_151807.jpgIMG_20161108_151821.jpgIMG_20161108_151830.jpgIMG_20161108_151919.jpg

I like those FGs, its appealing the mechanical aspect of it. How everything seems logical, and one piece corresponds to another. The kit you have, brand seems to be of very high quality.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a very nice kit, I've enjoyed it a lot, some day I will add some hydro brakes to complete the Evo conversion, motor is a Zen 24cc. race legal, body is a Honda Accord with carbon fiber rear wing.

just installed a SC rear bumper on my KM baja, looks tough as hell, like the look, next is the class 1 body w/roll cage, going to run buggy tires with it, like the lower stance.

Just received the KM class 1 roll cage and body. OK, here we go. The instructions included are just a sheet of paper that is very badly printed, you really have to strain your eye sight to go through the steps, especially when you are looking at the hardware size's, but the cage went together pretty easy. The body panels are pretty thick and were cut perfectly, only problem was that the holes in one of them didn't line up too well, but I got it figured out. Wow mounting the completed cage and body to the chassis was a little tight but fit well, and looks awesome. now all I have to do is get some truck tires and maybe change out the gear in the tranny to compensate for the larger diameter tires or maybe i'll leave it the way it is. If anyone is thinking of getting this cage and body kit, go for it, well worth it, and looks very cool.

Here are OSKYGT finished product of his roll cage:

I would say the roll cage gives it a fresh look to the typical Baja. Definitely will have this mod in my to do list in the near future.

roll cage.jpg roll cage1.jpg roll cage2.jpg

Cheers!

One other thing Crank, I could not use the clone pipe so put on the SS pipe and all fits well with the sc rear bumper, and the HD alum rear shock mount had to be taken off cause it got in the way of the rear of the roll cage, so had to mount the stock one and fit good. Man if you think the buggy looks long, this thing is huge with this cage and body. Every thing is easy to get to, pull start, primer,choke lever , but to refuel you will have to take the body off. I am very happy with the results. Try it you'll like it.

If you get this cage and body, do yourself a favor and get a bag of the black body clips, the silver ones were a female dog to get on, tried the black ones to see if there was any difference, and they fit easy, my finger tips were sore with the silver ones.

Just ordered a Killer RC power start, see how that goes, tired of blistering my fingers and my shoulder, if this works well will thank me I know. Will let everyone know how it goes. If the product works well, i'll install one in my FG sedan also.

Sure, good luck.

The engines usually turn on right away, if it does not crank up within the first few pulls, then there are other things that need to be addressed.

Of course, besides the annoying pull start randomly breaking the string. Have been putting the Christmas decorations and busy cleaning the house.

I moved recently and had inspectors for damages from my last move. Some of my RC stuff got broken, and bicycle parts.

Weather rolling into the 20s and 30s, getting the boxes with all the winter gear out of storage.

Tried out the killer rc power start, and all I can say is I should have done this sooner, tested it on both the baja and my FG, and they started too easy, my shoulder is very happy with this up grade.

Am glad it works for you, I prefer the pull start method, if the engine does not start within 4 to 5 pulls, then there are other issues that need to be corrected. Not everyone has healthy shoulders, so far its not an issue for me.

Just like they say, for every hour of bashing, an hour of wrenching.

I discovered why the baja did not turn how it was suppose to and went into a concrete ditch.

The steering aluminum servo mount bottom guides ( the ones that align w the chassis), snapped off. It was a chain reaction, the top bolts over worked and got loose. The servo had excessive play so instead of steering left or right the servo would move within the bracket mount.

On the attachments can be seen the bottom guides are missing. There are some X2 pins laying around, was thinking of drilling and press fit w some JB Weld. The other quicker option is modify the plastic mount to have the 4500 servo fit.

The weird deal is the two guides are hollow instead of solid aluminum. It does have a thread, but the last thing I want to do is put a bolt and then it snaps.

The left steering arm is fixed. When checking alignment is when I noticed the servo play. Full Force sells a plate but its for the smaller servo.

Attachments

• IMG_20170213_124504.jpg
    IMG_20170213_124504.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170213_124734.jpg
    IMG_20170213_124734.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20170213_124606.jpg
    IMG_20170213_124606.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 9

*short clip at idle, right before the servo mount failed. With new top end...
Awesome, thank you Scruffy.

For now I am modding the plastic one to make it fit. Certainly added to the DDM basket, waiting for a few items to restock.

Its the nature of the hobby, on some things one can cut corners, in others one has to spend the extra cash. Those Ebay brackets are junk, the best thing that happened was to crash the baja, else I would have kept bashing it and the poor steering servo might have burned out by over-working with all that extra flex.

Attachments

• IMG_20170213_171801.jpg
    IMG_20170213_171801.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1487035452212.jpg
    1487035452212.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks