King Motor Baja 30.5cc KSRC-001 RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modified the stock plastic mount. Upgraded to better bolts w nylon nuts and to be safe some thread locker.
On the meantime placed the kill switch alarm inside a small balloon and secured w zip ties, waterproof the receiver on/off switch. That servo is not going anywhere for now, solid mount. Modded the cnc bracket w Losi suspension pins (cut w a dremmel about 5mm), and JB Weld, will leave it as a backup.

Attachments

• IMG_20170213_225757.jpg
    IMG_20170213_225757.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20170213_225726.jpg
    IMG_20170213_225726.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20170213_225835.jpg
    IMG_20170213_225835.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 7
This should be a diary of my baja...

Steering system and servo mount fixed, awesome weather and to the bashing field.
A section of the dunes dried out and was getting some epic air time... it lasted so much until the exhaust gasket disappeared in the soccer field.

Did my daily exercise session looking for the freakin manifold for about an hour. This hobby sure tests my patience.

Attachments

• IMG_20170214_183321.jpg
    IMG_20170214_183321.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20170214_183304.jpg
    IMG_20170214_183304.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
I had that same prob with manifold bolts working loose. An easy fix that works great is to bore the holes in the head out and tap to 6mm and rethread. You can drill all the way back into the cooling fins on the head without hurting anything, allowing you to use a bigger and longer bolt than stock. Haven't had a manifold bolt come loose since

This should be a diary of my baja...

Steering system and servo mount fixed, awesome weather and to the bashing field.
A section of the dunes dried out and was getting some epic air time... it lasted so much until the exhaust gasket disappeared in the soccer field.

Did my daily exercise session looking for the freakin manifold for about an hour. This hobby sure tests my patience.
Was just wondering if you ordered those alloy A arms I showed you

Scruffy, I may have missed the posting, which site you ordered the A-Arms from?

Looking good on upgrades!

These are the same as I had that I broke the ball end in my last outing. I like GPM aluminum but the plastic ends seem a little brittle. If they break again I will just get alloy ends

Its those days, the good and some are the bad. For me today was bad for the X2, loose exhaust bolts and throttle linkage. A super small allen wrench, which I did not have, took me it out of commission for the day. The baja on the other hand drove it like I stole it all afternoon. I did not have the exhaust spacer, and went on a mission. The weather was way too good, and it was either it works or wait for the part to come in the mail. Cut the pipe, found a spare coupler I had laying around, and on it went, worked perfect. IMO, 2WD is much more fun than 4WD, the X2 is all right, but never compares to the baja. I will buy a Go-Pro, the amount of air time the baja is taking is epic, hooked to say the least. I know some days is a lot of sacrifice, but today it paid off, was laughing like a little kid bashing the KM rig, the more I pushed it, the better it ran. Of course I got my tooth brush, wd40 oil, temp gun, and do let it cool off in between tanks, which includes clutch bell, engine, and differential. Have seen the clutch bell get 170F, the diff into the 150F and its the plastic one, have been lazy not installing the aftermarket. Its running so well, don't want to mess with it. Although its about time to check the clutch, the gears.

pipe%20baja%201_zpsb8k97vxd.jpg

pipe%20baja%203_zpsb6l2ozfc.jpg
pipe%20baja%205_zpsgwkufnun.jpg

IMG_20170220_160019_zpsc5ddrsap.jpg
IMG_20170220_160133_zps3hrzrxon.jpg
Fan cover brace, no more cracks in the casing, worth every penny.

Attachments

• RyanStar_25mm.jpg
    RyanStar_25mm.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I did not have hose clamps, so used instead large zip ties for now. It ran very well, and I think its better because the exhaust has some flexing.

Not BS, I will buy a Go-Pro, this thing was flying so high it was ridiculous, but the shocks were not to the task so had to take it easy on how much air it could go (slamming into the grass it hurt to hear it). Its a levy, so I tried to play with the throttle and smooth out the landing with the second section of the ramp. A few times I thought I cracked the diff housing, or the pipe of how bad it sounded when it landed. All in all, did about 4 tanks until the mosquitoes started attacking, and done for the day. Hurried up and went to Lowes for some $1.97 1-3/4 hose clamps.

The Bow-Ties are way better than the block type stock tires that come with the RTR. Still got in bags semi-soft water proof tire inserts, to replace the foam cheap ones.

Not bumping the thread, but more of a diary of bashing the KM baja, and stuff that breaks along the way, overall experience of owning one.

Less than a tank in the usual field, jumping the levies at the soccer field and the rear upper bolt snapped. Had a box full of parts and did not have that specific bolt, so continued bashing the X2. If one thing is true, the KM truck does take the punishment, jump after jump and it held on fine. Below is a pic of the damage. Not that difficult to fix, went to Lowes and bought spacers to fit over the bolt and some large washers.IMG_20170304_174747.jpg

Not bumping the thread, but more of a diary of bashing the KM baja, and stuff that breaks along the way, overall experience of owning one.

Less than a tank in the usual field, jumping the levies at the soccer field and the rear upper bolt snapped. Had a box full of parts and did not have that specific bolt, so continued bashing the X2. If one thing is true, the KM truck does take the punishment, jump after jump and it held on fine. Below is a pic of the damage. Not that difficult to fix, went to Lowes and bought spacers to fit over the bolt and some large washers.View attachment 11371
Have you considered using hemicuffs? I run them and they seem to help. And they are less than 10 bucks :)

IMG_20170305_185938.jpg IMG_20170305_190012.jpg Bought a copper spacer at Lowes last night and installed it today w one washer to strengthen the end, mod seemed good overall. Do thank you will check the item. Did not want to wait and was less than 3 dollars.

On I go to the field w the baja, X2 and Sportwerks buggy, the X2 spitted out the clutch gear, decided to put to the test the copper spacer on the baja and see how it goes.

IMG_20170305_175302.jpg
IMG_20170305_175250.jpg

- Swapped the pull start as it did not want to catch the FW, and same results, unable to start the baja, 3 pull starts and none worked. The FW teeth are worn off, this is my 3rd flywheel I have swapped within a 6 month period. At the beginning I thought it was a clearance spec issue seeing this stuff comes from China and are made cheap. There is something wrong, maybe the crank end is longer than normal. This teeth flywheel issue does not happen w the X2, still have thre same one for the last 10 months, w missing fins as once the ignition coil bolts got loose and did mayhem.

I read about the electric starter but I don't want to carry more stuff, and so it seems I am the only one w this issue. The pull starts are fine, its flywheel after flywheel gets eaten up, and only in the baja and not the X2. I even swapped the fan cover, added washers to create a bigger gap, but same situation.

Again, the 1/8th buggy remained victorious, amazing how it jumps, had tons of fun w the nitro rig, that mill has torque on demand to clear those levies. Its only 10 minutes run time, but pure fun and no broken parts.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks