King Motor X2 arrived yesterday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGDADDYSHIMMY

Just received my KMX2 i purchased from the dealer in New York using the website. Was nervous about a off branded version of the 5ive but after a full teardown and reassembly I am quite impressed with the quality. Took me and a friend about 6 hours.

After checking off all the issues that were mentioned frequently online I was impressed to say only the center diff fluid was sub par in viscosity but not leaking. Front and rear diffs were tight. Shocks were full with smooth bores and I chose not to resize piston holes for now. Viscosity of fluid unknown. Included receiver battery was a NiCd or NiMh that I will be replacing. All metal on metal screws were loctited properly. The C hub retaining pin set screws were not fully set and the swaybar set screws were also not fully tightened. The included hop up aluminum parts fit and look great. I purchased the upgraded shock towers with the kit and they fit well except for the clearance on the rear shocks. The shock cap interferes with the recessed milling on the shock tower unless you move washer from front of shock tower to just behind rubber shock isolator on the opposing side. Pics would help but alas its 50lbs of awesome I cant lug into work.

If weather holds I will commence break in procedures this evening. The neighbors will love me!

As I said to my helper last night it looks good so far but the proof is in the pudding. Exact phrasing was "It could still be a colossal turd once it hits the dirt." :w00t:

It's a tank for sure and the quality is far better than anticipated.:D

The center diff uprights and the jello radio tray need assistance STAT. Already shopping for upgrades. The X2 came with the aluminum fuel tank cap and aluminum air filter listed as upgrades on the site. [URL="]http://www.kingmotorrc.com/engine/cnc-aluminum-air-filter-kit-silver/[/URL] I made sure to lube up three of the inluded disks and left the uppermost disk dry. Suggestions for replacements and prefilters?
Any experience with Area Rc parts from Asia? Ended up on the site earlier and the bling is strong. Suggestions for other manufacturers of upgrade parts? Mostly the uprights, tray and throttle servo arm.

Bought fresh K-50 yesterday tuned needles to 1 1/4 H 1 3/8 L and ran it through a heat cycle. Did all the tricks from my airplane gas experience and just about flooded motor but it started on the 5th pull. Too late in evening to do second cycle but expect to be rockin and rollin this evening.

I ran it for two 15 minute sessions with the generally recommended needle settings leaving plenty of time between runs to let the motor heat cycle. Only minor low end needle adjustments had to be made like an 1/8 turn on low end in or out. The process consumed about 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel.

Yesterday headed out to the track and bashed the snot out of it. It was muddy but the truck ran without issue for 2 tanks of fuel. Day brought to an end with broken rear driveshaft coupler pins. It survived numerous end overs cartwheels and collisions with another 5th scaler. Was my fault for holding too much throttle during landing after the double. Overall im stoked this thing rips! Could probably tune the high end in some now but I think i will check my pug tonight during clean up first.

Good luck with your break in Crank!

I got a Venom 5000 mah battery and seems to last a tank or so. Not sure if the KM servos are not efficient on battery use. I gave the batt a the usual 2 cycle slow charge discharge w the Tenergy digital charger.

I am having a list of issues, minor, but keeps me from running. The metal claw pull start stopped workingon the first pull, had to swap back to the original one. The engine vibration is constantly loosening the bolts on the tuned pipe mount, even w thread locker. The Walbro carb floater is bad and flooding the engine. Cleaned it and still same issue. Am getting a new carb and a new metal claw pull starter. The truck itself has been flawless, I did locktite every bolt and added oil to the shocks and diffs... almost forgot, and torn shock boots, fixed w mtb road tubing, lol. But man, when it ran it sure is intimidating, the pipe is loud but I love it. Took it to a soccer field w semi compact dirt, and wow it was crazy, full throttle and I was running out of field!

The motor issues are vexing mine has had none of the issues yet. A flooded engine and a strong pull arm will spell the end of most pull starters. I felt mine get loaded up a bit and loosened the spark plug a half turn to leach out the flooded cylinder. Messy yes but hydrolock is no joke. Here's to hoping the float repair will get you on your way. HAve not checked my shock boots yet but they were tight before i put on some homemade shock socks my friend made for me out of swimsuit material!

The hour or so i did get to run has my friend with an e Baja shopping for a X2 himself. With the track being a greasy/grassy home brew with a few jumps i was pulling off 4 wheel power drifts with ease just owning the E Baja at every opportunity. The mass of this truck and its grip are so frikin reliable anyone can look like they know that they are doing driving it. Chase cam footage from the e B should be ready to download tomorrow. I will be sure to share!

Just an update on my X2 purchase. Its freakin awesome! The extra 500 bucks in my pocket feels real good too. Yes I'm buying upgrades because BLING. lol
Made my own engine intake screen, friend made some shock socks and I made new hardened pins for drive couplers. Purchased mods so far 7200mah lipo, outerwears for pull start, and a Killer Bee kill switch. Also made a servo tray brace as well as a motor to center diff brace out of a Traxxas drag link pack. The last homebrew mod was a debris shield for all four wheel wells made from non reinforced 3/16" rubber and boy does it keep the nasty out.

Mods to come: Reverse threaded lower shock retaining bolt on drivers side since this bad boy will back the stock one out after a few tanks. Tygon fuel tubing and homebrew hardline fuel tubing for the tank.

So far only bought what i can not make in house with channel locks and bubble gum. Bought a Ridgid stand and put a rotating tool bag holder on just below the top. Looking into having a top plate cut for it by another friend for and undisclosed set of 12oz cold beverages.

Friends new X2 should be ready this weekend. Now I have someone to break parts with. His B5 was not a suitable opponent. :lol:

Yeah...

Just sayin, only 12 postings and no pictures so far. All you postings on this forum is about your thread, one or two on the pictures area and thats it. Where are those videos, and who knows if underneath that cage is a Losi.

Your reply could not be at a better time than when I add my honest feedback about the truck.

To those who follow this awesomeness of what is described on this thread, go check my X2 link with plenty of pictures. Before you give out your credit card to Rovan or King Motor, read and do your homework. These trucks and many of its parts have tons of quality control issues. I have seen multiple differentials, brand new engine and its ridiculous. On chinese pocket bikes and Tao Tao atvs quality is not that bad. With a little bit of work you can make them run good, but there is no room for error with a truck. Its up to you, right now I am sending back a brand new engine with internal damage, scuffed cylinder and piston wall.

20160106_215649_zpsjuinpuqz.jpg
** I have ordered multiple low quality chinese pocket bike engine kits of all kinds, what are the odds??, the first damaged set is from Kingmotor/Rovan. All those Aliexpress stores and Ebay other side of the world stores sends better quality undamaged goods.

20160106_212910_zpspzeem2yg.jpg

KM X2 30.5cc

2015-12-29-13-54-38_deco_zpsp3mzcvou.jpg
** That is barely one tank, 40 minutes, of tear and wear on a dog bone.

20151224_124249_zps0lfixqxz.jpg

** Broken intake manifold. Had me on a goose chase tuning, and turned out to be a cracked manifold, tons of dust got inside creating internal damage. The engine suffered scarred walls and never held a good tune after that.
The flashy aluminum intake on the X2 is crap, it unthreads with high strength locktite and they don't sell spare foams for them.

20151229_113036_zpsdqe9ndft.jpg

*ALL 3 differentials failed....

Here is where I am standing so far:

20160102_184919_zpsyjjuucqx.jpg

Last edited:
Woah there the Buthurt express leaves on your thread not mine i'm a happy customer and if that burns ya you need to take a longer look in the mirror. Your bought a cut rate kit and are pissed about it being a cut rate kit. A little patience and a whole lot of knowledge go a long way and you have exhibited neither. I have been modeling long enough to know a factory preped kit from Losi will have a rigorous QC process when purchasing these for branded sale. The Rovan or KM are the post contract direct production kits that do not go through the same QC reviews or carry the Losi luvr fee. This bothers me in no way whatsoever because i understand what i have bought and all things RC need work and time. Did you read all the reviews before purchasing? Did you read every thread on every forum before you bought one? Im guessing no since you appear to be surprised at what you have found out about the X2 in person like its some lost treasure chest of poo for everyone to know about. Well i did and i paid great attention to the areas that need improving then i referenced it with the same issues folks are having with the Losi branded kits and came to the brilliant deduction i cared a whole hell of alot more about the 700 extra bucks than i did the losi QC department.

Some pics from the onboard Baja chase cam view.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h29m21s90.jpg
    vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h29m21s90.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 29
  • vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h33m10s102.jpg
    vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h33m10s102.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 30
  • vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h34m45s232.jpg
    vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h34m45s232.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 31
  • vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h33m52s19.jpg
    vlcsnap-2015-12-21-18h33m52s19.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20151220_155229.jpg
    20151220_155229.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 34
Completely clueless...

Lets start by, I missed reading the thread on how to remove scuffs from the walls abd piston of a brand new Rovanrc engine Fuelie 4 bolt, 30.5cc.

And Trivia question, Whats the difference between 29 and 30.5cc?

My thread shows in detail that I took apart the complete truck, diffs etc, which they were empty by the way by looking at the pictures. Applied the necessary diff oil, locktite, even have a break in video, proper mix 25 to 1.

Contrary to you who just joined in EXACTLY December 2015 to show all the awesomeness of your alleged X2, I have been a member since 2012, Burp! What...?

Followed up by some crappy on board pictures of a suppose to be X2, whatever buddy, more power to you if such is the case. There are too many variables that link you to promotions than to a regular member w ufff years of experience since Dec 2015, LOL and now finally some pics...
And now the effort relies in making it look as user error, the same reason there are are tons of new threads every other day about the 305/ X2, once again, strike out, none.

You don't even know how to load pictures correctly in one post, we'll let it slide, NOoB mistake, LOL..

All I see over the internet all the greatness of such truck, and its basically you and maybe some other one about the 2 bolt engine.

Yeah, so much of a bad boy ride and is a pile of crap, yes, in the back burner until I get a Losi. For the world to see on 1/5 scale on such platform Losi is the name to invest on.

All the pictures I took I guess are photoshop, compared to the ones you posted, ah wait a minute, it is none...

And what is it? Posting number 14 of all your great wisdom on your own thread, no, its not a red flag about advertising the X2 on LSForums.

Last edited:
Completely clueless...

Lets start by, I missed reading the thread on how to remove scuffs from the walls abd piston of a brand new Rovanrc engine Fuelie 4 bolt, 30.5cc.

And Trivia question, Whats the difference between 29 and 30.5cc?

My thread shows in detail that I took apart the complete truck, diffs etc, which they were empty by the way by looking at the pictures. Applied the necessary diff oil, locktite, even have a break in video, proper mix 25 to 1.

Contrary to you who just joined in EXACTLY December 2015 to show all the awesomeness of your alleged X2, I have been a member since 2012, Burp! What...?

Followed up by some crappy on board pictures of a suppose to be X2, whatever buddy, more power to you if such is the case. There are too many variables that link you to promotions than to a regular member w ufff years of experience since Dec 2015, LOL and now finally some pics...
And now the effort relies in making it look as user error, the same reason there are are tons of new threads every other day about the 305/ X2, once again, strike out, none.

You don't even know how to load pictures correctly in one post, we'll let it slide, NOoB mistake, LOL..

All I see over the internet all the greatness of such truck, and its basically you and maybe some other one about the 2 bolt engine.

Yeah, so much of a bad boy ride and is a pile of crap, yes, in the back burner until I get a Losi. For the world to see on 1/5 scale on such platform Losi is the name to invest on.

All the pictures I took I guess are photoshop, compared to the ones you posted, ah wait a minute, it is none...

And what is it? Posting number 14 of all your great wisdom on your own thread, no, its not a red flag about advertising the X2 on LSForums.

How sure are you, Crank, that you didn't crack that intake manifold when you stretched your "inner tube mod." over the crappy KM air filter that everybody has been clearly warned about? I know that wasn't the only issue you had with your X2, but it was, in your words, "inexcusable". How ironic it would be if you simply made a mistake in your haste to fix it your way. We're all adults here, consider for a minute that you are not the smartest one on the net, I know I'm not.....BTW, my X2 still runs better than my 5ive did with the same runtime on it, 2 plus years, explain that for me.......I owned the 5ive first, mind you. I met Dan, shook his hand and bought a truck from him, he's a stand up guy, and I suspect he would make it all right if not for so much mechanical intervention on your part, for what was basically a new truck. Just a consideration looking from the outside in.

Last edited:
Crank ima taylor swift you and shake it off cause you are smokin way way too much of somethin. May want to lay off of it while driving that truck too cause you straight tore your stuff up. Glad you faced up to being clueless in your first line of your response. It's not often we get honesty like that on the internet.

The track is a soupbowl right now Nitrocat. It is on private property about 30 minutes outside of roanoke. He wants to do more development before inviting anyone so i'm looking forward to pushing a lot of dirt this spring.

Next upgrade is team chase outdrives with boots since they are wearing fast. Anyone tried to use driveshaft coupler boots on the diff outputs? I want them greasy too.

Crank ima taylor swift you and shake it off cause you are smokin way way too much of somethin. May want to lay off of it while driving that truck too cause you straight tore your stuff up. Glad you faced up to being clueless in your first line of your response. It's not often we get honesty like that on the internet.

The track is a soupbowl right now Nitrocat. It is on private property about 30 minutes outside of roanoke. He wants to do more development before inviting anyone so i'm looking forward to pushing a lot of dirt this spring.

Next upgrade is team chase outdrives with boots since they are wearing fast. Anyone tried to use driveshaft coupler boots on the diff outputs? I want them greasy too.

I use em on all my drive cups.
Packed with Moly grease

Friends X2 is now broken in and ready to rock. Tried some onroad baja tires on my tiny backyard oval in the mud. Full throttle almost the entire lap with just a burp to set the suspension. She got the hose after the last pic.

Attachments

• 20160116_125328.jpg
    20160116_125328.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20160116_125337.jpg
    20160116_125337.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20160116_142838.jpg
    20160116_142838.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20160116_142850.jpg
    20160116_142850.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 36
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks