King Motors Photo Gallery! Post you Pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice piece, I prefer the angled velocity stack.

How much for the new carb? Have you noticed any difference.

Here is mine, a work in progress, although I am checking the 30 degree Flex body w the blue roll cage...

Attachments

• club rc (4).jpg
    club rc (4).jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 33
I got the carb from DDM deal of the day for 37 bucks after discount. Seems much smoother mid throttle when the high needle kicks in. Doesn't have that little hesitation I had before. Got to run a little yesterday until I somersaulted about 6 times across the park. Now in down again :(

Cool ride crank. What shocks are you using

Am still working on the panels. It started as a winter project. Thats why they look halfway done, this weekend we got temps in the 70s when usually around this time is the 30s, and had to take it to the local bashing grounds.

I am using stock King Motor X2 shocks. They work superb, got too excited on a hill jump driving it over a levy caught way too much air, stirred left and went straight to a small ditch w some rock pebbles. Tried to correct the truck but clipped the left side, the left shock shaft snapped. And some minor damage to the a-arm, which some epoxy and a small bolt will do, it does not affect structure integrity of that piece.

I am not sure if it will fit or not, bought last night two Losi front shafts, and the shock plastic ball ends set, $40.00. I hope they fit to the X2, if not I guess sell them and buy the two front shocks for the X2.
Because I bash the truck, I am checking the specs of the Chimera shocks and possibly may buy those; shaft set is 8, complete front shock set go for 20 to 35 depending on the seller.

// I used to have a pocket bike, and contrary to what people say, the boost bottle does work, helps on the mid-range hesitation. I am mentioning it because he says suffering about it on a 990 carb.

Last edited:
The hesitation I had was with the stock 997 carb. The 990 seems to have cured that issue. I emailed DDM, Gismomotors, and OBR and they all said the 990 was best for my RCMK.

Now i'm shopping for shocks as well. My tumble yesterday broke an upper A arm and lower shock end. Found replacement alloy A arms on eBay for 9.99 with free shipping so those are already ordered

Had a similar misfortune in today's bashing session. Bling bling is all good, and the price is not bad, I still stay true to plastic, prefer the flex and absorption of impact than bent parts, imo (its your $$ and of course dispose at your leisure).

The top end was waking up nicely, finally coming alive, got to enthusiastic jumping the levy and over flew the baja into a water concrete outlet. Only a broken a-arm connector to the steering. All other parts came off of the ball ends. It was fun after all... I got the spare part, easy fix. The servo saver did its job, those 4500 KM servos are holding on well.

Attachments

• IMG_20170212_115055.jpg
    IMG_20170212_115055.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170212_115105.jpg
    IMG_20170212_115105.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The alloy held up good it was the plastic ball end that broke off on the A arm and the shock. So now in going alloy on both those parts. Im using the Savox 3306 for steering. Got a great price out of Australia lol

Does the Savox 3306 uses the stock steering servo mount, or the wider mounting plate?

Breaking them is half the fun, gives an excuse to wrench on them. Most parts the prices are not that bad, and this is comparing to Traxxas 1/10 or ARRMA 1/8 parts which I cant still understand why so expensive. I think it has to do the parts are much smaller, and need to meet precise tolerances, not sure, compared to 1/5th which has more room for error.

It sure was a lot of fun for me this morning before heading to work. Felt bad, left the poor baja broken in the bench, ja ja. Have read to let go off the throttle on jumps, and the drivetrain is holding up super well. Honestly, I was landing the baja wot, in compact dirt/grass, and it would just propel out on a straight line. It got boring after a while and would steer left or right and the freakin thing would just push on taking the beating. The top of the hill started to dry out, so I spent most of the morning trying to dial a rooster tail without going over, was it fun.

** Do you have a link to those a-arms or the site itself to check those deals? I promise I wont tell anyone.

Its been raining for us, the little bit of time I had was able to do maybe 10 minutes of bashing and testing the Killer RC electric start.

Nice shots, maybe a little more contrast, but its fine (jk)... cool, jealous that cant take mine out for some bashing fun.

Crank how do you like the killer Rc starter ??
So far its working good. More stuff to carry, charge battery etc. I have turned it on about 4 times and worked very well.

There isnt much space for the drill, so have to make sure my arm/ wrist is lined correctly and prevent any injury. It does put some stress on my wrists, and I already had a cast on the left arm so I don't want to go over that again.

The plastic housing and tube fitting seems cheap, time will tell if it will stay in one piece or crack under stress. Its a tight fit for the bit.

Like stated, I installed on the inside neck a over sized nylon washer w epoxy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks