King Motors X2 RTR 30.5cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you had a bad experience. I know they made a lot of changes with the x2 recently to improve their trucks, as well as the Baja series. I am a dealer on the west coast and I can always get in touch with the factory directly. They are way better then Rovan. You may have received the last batch of the previous model. Hope your experience improves. FYI, the plastic intake manifold is stock on all the 1/5 engines, unless you buy a modded motor. Just In case you get another brand. Btw, what engine did it have, as in what brand?

I know all of them do on the plastic manifold, never thought it was going to take one to two tanks for it to fail. Its too much weight on the manifold, plus all the insane vibration of a 30.5cc Fuelie will do the rest. And following your line of thought, just because its plastic and/or metal does not mean is the same grade quality.

A truck purchased mid December 2015... last batch of the old stuff. Whatever, I will never, I mean EVER buy a clone. For now the 1/5th scale journey is done, let others have at it. I'll stick to nitro 1/8th, and maybe at some point get a Losi. RC cars and trucks are like camera Nikon and Canon lenses, there is no replacement, one has to stick with brand. Its not the end of the world, I think I am more mad that this deal happened during Christmas, it really killed the momentum of the holidays. Its some money, lets say like a car crash, its all material stuff, not a medical condition or a loss of life, but at the end one still has that bug that bothers.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
I know King motor just changed all their plastics to a more durable compound and improved their other materials. Your case is definitely not a common one and I do understand your frustration. Especially around Christmas and being new to 1/5 scale. I brought up the possibility of it being their older design because I've noticed that other dealers are still selling the previous model before they made all the changes. Just trying to help.

Btw the plastic manifold issue spans across all brands. Not sure why they still sell them. They all are know to fail regardless of what brand they are.

new model, not old batch

Listen buddy I don't know you, but if one thing I will not stand is you trying to salvage at all cost the reputation of a brand which is evident has quality control issues. The 26 or 29cc engine was still been sold in July 2015, I bought this truck mid December 2015. Dan has attempted to help me, but all the stuff that they carry is inconsistent. I am pissed off, I cannot believe I was sent a brand new engine all F??d up, For Real? Last I know I don't have a tree in my yard that grows 20 dollar bills... AFTER the fact all the things I have gone thru I had to buy another engine from them, another one!!!! Throwing away more money.

My truck, King Motor X2, is NOT old batch as you are trying to portray it on this thread.

I know, Why?

30.5cc engine Fuelie 4 bolt

The old batch w quality control issues was the 2 bolt and if I recall is not a Fuelie brand. So don't come in here with your smooth talk attempting to help me. You wanna help? Tell KM Dan to take this pile of junk back and get my money back.

And am not new on working on a weed eater engine and a typical 4WD system. The same deal as 2 stroke pocket bike engines which I flip for fun.

20160106_215649_zpsjuinpuqz.jpg

Last edited:
I was just trying to help and figure out everything so I can pass along the info to maybe help resolve the problem. I wasn't saying your truck was for sure an old batch, but some of your issues sounded like it could be possible. I was just saying that could be a small part of the problem. I also never once questioned your knowledge or experience. Honestly, I could care less if you are an expert or a noob. I saw an issue an only responded because I wanted to try and help since you have hit a dead end.

Remember KingMotor you can help some of the people some of the time... Very professional and brave of you to come to a forum and try to help. This guys so mad he is even accusing me of being a King Motor Rovan plant on other threads. I've been in the manufacturing sector for a long time (PRINTING) and have had a few of these come down the pipe in my 30 years of experience and they always become the house joke. Our favorite is Jennnaaaayyy. Never happy never satisfied and always a problem. We simply requested that they find another label provider. I mean this person spent hours and hours wasting our time for about 125.00 worth of sales. So this thread gets me in the feels.

Level up then and prove it Cranky. You got a computer and a huge head you should have no problems finding out if i'm an employee or just a customer who has not torn their crap to shreds and blamed the dealer for it. And if you can't directly prove beyond a doubt I work for them I expect an apology for such a foolhardy accusation.

Coming on my post and spouting his problems should be a dead giveaway to the level of buthurt this guy has experienced at his own hands. Shame your turning off folks to a real money saver and all around intoxicating experience of getting a pretty awesome truck.

Remember KingMotor you can help some of the people some of the time... Very professional and brave of you to come to a forum and try to help. This guys so mad he is even accusing me of being a King Motor Rovan plant on other threads. I've been in the manufacturing sector for a long time (PRINTING) and have had a few of these come down the pipe in my 30 years of experience and they always become the house joke. Our favorite is Jennnaaaayyy. Never happy never satisfied and always a problem. We simply requested that they find another label provider. I mean this person spent hours and hours wasting our time for about 125.00 worth of sales. So this thread gets me in the feels.

Level up then and prove it Cranky. You got a computer and a huge head you should have no problems finding out if i'm an employee or just a customer who has not torn their crap to shreds and blamed the dealer for it. And if you can't directly prove beyond a doubt I work for them I expect an apology for such a foolhardy accusation.

Coming on my post and spouting his problems should be a dead giveaway to the level of buthurt this guy has experienced at his own hands. Shame your turning off folks to a real money saver and all around intoxicating experience of getting a pretty awesome truck.

Hang tight buddy...

Last edited:

Thanks. I spend time on here because I love the hobby. I also come on here to help if I can. Isn't that one of the points of this forum? Some people just can't be helped unfortunately.

A lot to say about what nothing
Seams it's two against two that there good trucks and two that there junk
Seams I have to agree there junk and while I have not personal bought one of the Losi clone I have bought the HPI clone and it was junk compared to the hpi
And I have been around two of the Losi look alikes
And they both had the same problems described in the above posts
They broke and often and they put Losi parts on them to the point they should have just bought a Losi
And they got disgusted and got out of the hobby
So we have people selling them and saying they save you money
When in fact they Cost you more in the long run and they know it
So it's all about the money
Remember the commercial pay me now or pay me later
The people that sell them just want paid it looks like to me [emoji457]

A lot to say about what nothing
Seams it's two against two that there good trucks and two that there junk
Seams I have to agree there junk and while I have not personal bought one of the Losi clone I have bought the HPI clone and it was junk compared to the hpi
And I have been around two of the Losi look alikes
And they both had the same problems described in the above posts
They broke and often and they put Losi parts on them to the point they should have just bought a Losi
And they got disgusted and got out of the hobby
So we have people selling them and saying they save you money
When in fact they Cost you more in the long run and they know it
So it's all about the money
Remember the commercial pay me now or pay me later
The people that sell them just want paid it looks like to me [emoji457]

Then why am I offering to try and trouble shoot the problem and help? I'm not getting paid. I love the hobby and am trying to help. When people aren't willing to see another viewpoint and get all butthurt, there is no helping that person.

You are making a huge assumption that is not true.

It's funny how people create a profile online and they think they are always right.

This is what you get for those who dare to post their honest experience online for the public to view; user error, insults, mockery and the list continues.

I don't care what is been said against me. Kingmotorusa tried to soften the situation by implying it is an older model defect. He asks what engine I got waiting to reply with a yeah thats why you have all those issues. When I responded w a 4 bolt 30.5cc fuelie Kingmotorusa did not follow up as he knew it is a new model and does not want to admit that such issues exist on them. All in all RovanRC /KingmotorRX are nowhere to be found on this thread.

Others claim fabulous encounters with the owner of KM and RovanRC how Dan is such a gentleman and a one on one people person. Since the problems started I have requested him to have a serious conversation and discuss the possibilities, but no my friend. Such wonderful one in a lifetime encounter has not happened and continues to hide behind emails.

I email Kingmotorrc and Rovanrc this link; Where are they?

The approach now is to insult those who dare post honest issues of the X2 and LT305. I don't care, like I said, I got more stuff, ridicule or not. Its a broken record, to buy another engine, 30.5cc Fuelie and receive it out of the box with a scratched cylinder wall and multiple scratches on the piston wall its simply an insult. REALLY? After all that has happened I still receive more broken parts. This is not another vendor, its the same company, KM RovanRC. Cmmon, this is a trend for all I can see. I don't want anything related to clones or the company itself.

Kingmotorusa, you are here, like I said earlier, just read your approach, to make it sound as old stuff, and if so what is that for help. What then is your role? A shoulder to lean on, some kind of consolation, an apology. For what? What about I got a hld of Dan and this is what we discussed? I called headquarters or the distributor and I think this is the course of action. I can download an app that will apologize.
You are here posting because you know this is not normal tear and wear and this is not user error, else you would not be wasting your time or simply would have said so since the beginning. To troubleshoot the problem? Three blown diffs, premature wear on a dog bone, blown drive cup, cracked intake manifold, broken shock boots and carburetor, broken tuned pipe mount...

This is what you get if you decide to post issues and problems encountered on the X2 andLT305, butthurt by Kingmotorusa. The only line of defense is to destroy the image of the member. I still got more stuff to post, nice pictures of another set of differentials, 3 to be precise. Oh yes, more clone junk...

Last edited:
I was trying to get the whole picture and think of possibilities. They had the 4 bolt 30.5 in older models too. I was referring to the other problems. I am in no way affiliated with Dan. I am my own dealer. It is possible that he sent you a rebuilt motor and didn't put it together right. If so, shame on him. I don't deal with him, so I can't speak for him. My main goal was to gather info and send it back directly to the factory. That's who I deal with. I've asked so many questions because I didn't see how this truck was run. There is no video. But judging by your posts, you ran it hard. Even ran it through mud and water as you stated earlier. It sounds like a combination of possibly manufacturing, Dan, and yourself. It's hard to say for sure. Like I said, I'm here to collect data and let the factory know. Might not help you, but I'm defending the brand because this is not common. I've own HPIs Rovans and King Motors before I was a dealer. Everything has issues sometimes. No one is perfect. I have just as much right to defend the brand as you do to get frustrated and blame everyone else. I'm trying to develop the best product possible. I will take what I've seen and share it with the factory.

Mine has the new radio and servos as well. They did a good job on upgrading for better quality.

I ran the truck hard when the 3rd differential failed, I went fixed it and the front dog bone failed in the afternoon. And thats when I ran it thru water (I was so mad beyond belief the truck failed again), the engine was already hurt from when the manifold was slightly cracked. I opened it up and had dust all over the crank and the walls scored. Yes, there are videos of me doing the break in. Like I said, I have restored multiple engines and pocket bikes, break in is no different.

But the first 2 to 3 tanks it was normal laps on a soccer field and one by one the differentials failed. That truck was babied, and within a week it got the best of me.
"This is not common" I also bought 3 spare EXTRA differentials and they were all locked up... besides the damaged spare new engine purchased. This is beyond ridiculousness. Let me upload some videos or pictures, regardless if I get flamed or not.

Even Dan himself says the same thing "This is not normal", but I keep receiving more garbage from their store...

Last edited:
I my self could not sell something that I knew was going to brake on the third tank of fuel or as some come broke in the box
But we are trying to save money and we keep buying them and they keep making them so until we stop buying the junk we get what we deserve [emoji389][emoji389][emoji389]

It was once made in the USA ment something about quality
Then it was proudly sold in the USA
Now it's give me your money and be happy with what you get

Then next step may be here I got your money F. Off [emoji469]

Last edited:
Then why am I offering to try and trouble shoot the problem and help? I'm not getting paid. I love the hobby and am trying to help. When people aren't willing to see another viewpoint and get all butthurt, there is no helping that person.

You are making a huge assumption that is not true.

It's funny how people create a profile online and they think they are always right.

I was raised at a time when you were judged by your words and actions
And when it comes to Rc related stuff I've been doing this since the 1980,s
So I've seen a lot and done a lot of mistakes no one has seen
But I've forgotten more than most know just because I've done it longer
And I'm not always right
But I stand by my words and will listen to what others say and if you see this on my post [emoji457] it means I'm right and this means
I'm done with it [emoji469]

Last edited:
This is what you get for those who dare to post their honest experience online for the public to view; user error, insults, mockery and the list continues.

I don't care what is been said against me. Kingmotorusa tried to soften the situation by implying it is an older model defect. He asks what engine I got waiting to reply with a yeah thats why you have all those issues. When I responded w a 4 bolt 30.5cc fuelie Kingmotorusa did not follow up as he knew it is a new model and does not want to admit that such issues exist on them. All in all RovanRC /KingmotorRX are nowhere to be found on this thread.

Others claim fabulous encounters with the owner of KM and RovanRC how Dan is such a gentleman and a one on one people person. Since the problems started I have requested him to have a serious conversation and discuss the possibilities, but no my friend. Such wonderful one in a lifetime encounter has not happened and continues to hide behind emails.

I email Kingmotorrc and Rovanrc this link; Where are they?

The approach now is to insult those who dare post honest issues of the X2 and LT305. I don't care, like I said, I got more stuff, ridicule or not. Its a broken record, to buy another engine, 30.5cc Fuelie and receive it out of the box with a scratched cylinder wall and multiple scratches on the piston wall its simply an insult. REALLY? After all that has happened I still receive more broken parts. This is not another vendor, its the same company, KM RovanRC. Cmmon, this is a trend for all I can see. I don't want anything related to clones or the company itself.

Kingmotorusa, you are here, like I said earlier, just read your approach, to make it sound as old stuff, and if so what is that for help. What then is your role? A shoulder to lean on, some kind of consolation, an apology. For what? What about I got a hld of Dan and this is what we discussed? I called headquarters or the distributor and I think this is the course of action. I can download an app that will apologize.
You are here posting because you know this is not normal tear and wear and this is not user error, else you would not be wasting your time or simply would have said so since the beginning. To troubleshoot the problem? Three blown diffs, premature wear on a dog bone, blown drive cup, cracked intake manifold, broken shock boots and carburetor, broken tuned pipe mount...

This is what you get if you decide to post issues and problems encountered on the X2 andLT305, butthurt by Kingmotorusa. The only line of defense is to destroy the image of the member. I still got more stuff to post, nice pictures of another set of differentials, 3 to be precise. Oh yes, more clone junk...

Dan @ King Motors asked you to send it back, you should have.:w00t: I did that with a wobbled wheel hex, lo' and behold I received new wheels out of the package that he tested for fit and finish before shipping. He cares about product and performance too.

For all you guys that still run your King Motors X2 what parts would you recommend to change prior to even breaking the motor in? And then after break-in what would you guys recommend to change or replace with aftermarket/ Losi parts? And with what motor would you guys recommend getting from KM to start with? Or would you guys recommend a roller?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As I am making the jump to 1/5 scale I have done my research for 9 months now. And will decide what to by in a week.

Thank you.
JGK

For all you guys that still run your KM X2 what parts would you recommend to change prior to even breaking the motor in? And then after breakin what would you guys recommend to change or replace with aftermarket/ Losi parts? And with what motor would you guys recommend getting from KM to start with? Or would you guys recommend a roller?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As I am making the jump to 1/5 scale I have done my research for 9 months now. And will decide what to by in a week.

Thank you.
JGK
The stock air filter is garbage, everything else on mine has been comparable in durability to Losi. That has been my experience, but others have varied.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks