Kit part missing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get yourselves clipless hubs before you even run for the first time. Otherwise expect to be chasing wheels!
I have the dark souls extenders ones already installed. I did have to trim the outside of the RPM arms to clear the screw inside of the hub.

Also, the new kit doesn't use the c clip like the older models.

Grab a protec on off switch. I'll never go back to the standard or killer rc switch.
I am running that on my nitro and works great but I am not sure how is it going to work out with the kill switch. I don't want a run away or any type of glitches.

All of my rod ends have this type of surface crack in them even brand new ones still on the tree.

PXL_20230223_035941192.jpg

Anyone know why the gear mesh is super tight? Very difficult to turn it. Brakes are fine and not binding at all. Is this something normal with this fixed mesh type of gears? 19/55

Also why does the spur wobble?

PXL_20230225_122821583.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know why the gear mesh is super tight? Very difficult to turn it. Brakes are fine and not binding at all. Is this something normal with this fixed mesh type of gears? 19/55

Also why does the spur wobble?

View attachment 85912
like clubin said niz, the spurs always wobble, its cos of the daft cush drive they use, as for the tightness, try either moving the spur drive 180 on the layshaft, so pull it off, turn 180 degrees and push back on, or try putting the pinion on in a different orientation as well, that helps with the tight spot sometimes,
and you could slacken the pinion, find the tight spot, put a piece of paper at the tight spot between the teeth of pinion and spur, then tighten the pinion,
remove the paper and that sometimes takes the tightness away a bit as well,
stock spurs are not the best and wont last long,

Alright let's see how this thing will work out. I will also pick up a steel one as I am sure the plastic is not going to last.

Where are you guys buying your steel harden spur gear? I can't find any 55T that will work with TR pinion.

Last edited:
Unfortunately they don't Carry 55 Spur
And we are now seeing the reasons no one buys these kits. This is only the beginning Niz. After a few runs you will be upgrading everything and only the chassis, front and rear bulkheads will be hpi. Lol
I already bought TR rear bulk head and kraken shocks with tons of aluminum parts. 😆

Here is little video of the first start. Esp 32cx ported with brc rear mounted pipe.

Sounds soo good.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks