Kraken front/rear HPI Baja shocks on sale at DDM... Do the stock shocks need upgraded?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bleed them without the spring on... not real hard to do.
Right, put oil till it's over the piston and close to the top, say 3/4 to the top, slowly move piston up and down with out having it come up out of the oil, you'll see bubbles the first stroke but less and less after, then re fill to maybe 7/8 from the top and put the rubber bladder and cap on a few turns but not tight, gently push the shock shaft in all the way and if there is enough oil it will start to puke out the excess, with the shaft still all the way in, tighten the cap, clean off the outside and repeat on the rest. To much oil and your shaft will push out on it's own a bit, that's ok, better than not enough oil and your piston will cavitate as it comes out of the oil, or like a summit/revo with shocks on their side... cavitate all the time as soon as they miss a drop or two

Here is a comparison pic. The Kraken shock bodies are a few more mm in diameter and the shock shafts are very thick. The kraken springs are WAY too stiff (DDM is sending me softer springs, so I’ll let you know how much softer they are when I get them)

IMG_0150.jpeg

DDM hooked me up with the softer springs. Check out the difference. For me these softer springs will work way better. For the price of the shocks and the fact that DDM will send you the softer ones for free, Kraken should include both springs with their shocks.

IMG_0161.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks