Kraken vekta 5 build summer body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man what a mess! Guess I need a nitro in my garage for such instances too. Did the clutch housing break on the left side?!

This brings me to my issue of the day. Went for sand dune bashing with my vekta. Unfortunately the clutch got stuck very early. Using the turtle snapper clutch, guess anti seize would help me out. But is there any good solution to prevent sand getting into the clutch? For Bajas there is a nice housing solution. But for vekta? Any ideas or thoughts? Even T90 doesn't close it entirely.

Maybe going back to full steel clutch shoes?

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Oh man what a mess! Guess I need a nitro in my garage for such instances too. Did the clutch housing break on the left side?!

This brings me to my issue of the day. Went for sand dune bashing with my vekta. Unfortunately the clutch got stuck very early. Using the turtle snapper clutch, guess anti seize would help me out. But is there any good solution to prevent sand getting into the clutch? For Bajas there is a nice housing solution. But for vekta? Any ideas or thoughts? Even T90 doesn't close it entirely.

Maybe going back to full steel clutch shoes?

Your feedback is highly appreciated!
No clutch housing didn’t break, as far as sand getting in the clutch I don’t think there is anything made for the vekta to prevent that or seal up that area.

Ok, tired of beating my self up been having some starting issues. It started with my 990 since I changed the spark plug cap do to a roll over. Since I changed the spark plug cap spark is very small you don't even fell a little shock like you use too. I figured some spark should still fire but won't. Put on a different carb wj71 same issue all fuel lines and filter are good. Even hooked it up to a different gas tank. No pop even when I set the choke. So I feel it's this new cap why is the spark so tiny and weak since I haven't even touched the ignition coil?

Well I must say I have been enjoying the problem solving. I got her to start but she runs and cuts off. I found my issue the kill switch seem to cut off the car after start. I noticed after she cuts off I check for spark there is none. I physically have to turn the car off then on again for spark to come back
I was wondering on all my killer bees I only run the Buzzer no light would the light have indacted this?

Last edited:
Well I must say I have been enjoying the problem solving. I got her to start but she runs and cuts off. I found my issue the kill switch seem to cut off the car after start. I noticed after she cuts off I check for spark there is none. I physically have to turn the car off then on again for spark to come back
I was wondering on all my killer bees I only run the Buzzer no light would the light have indacted this?
Looks like the killswitch wasn't pushed down all the way into the receiver. Will test tomorrow and see what's up. Probably why it would cut off one I got her going from vibration

Took her out today she running good again, then it happened the screws that mount the throttle servo came loose and the throttle arm got stuck behind the side rail in full throttle. Steering went dead but the kill switch saved me.
Looks like my hilantronics is dead won't power on this servo is new barley any tanks on the damb thing never had a servo crap out that fast.

Last edited:
Took her out today she running good again, then it happened the screws that mount the throttle servo came loose and the throttle arm got stuck behind the side rail in full throttle. Steering went dead but the kill switch saved me.
Looks like my hilantronics is dead won't power on this servo is new barley any tanks on the damb thing never had a servo crap out that fast.

I junked all my hilantronics servos for this reason. Expensive, and poop for warranty. Went to agfrc and have yet to have an issue.

Mine just went dead, then wanted $70 to fix, literally had less than 10 minutes on them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks