Lipo 2s connection break

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucien1986

When to charge my lipo 2s and got a connection break. Anyone knows what happened. Its been a while for me. So I think the cables are connected propely. The battery is new.

IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_2553.jpeg
Problem fixed with charging nimh and then back to lipo

Last edited:
Respectfully..Lipos are nothing to fool with. Just ensure everything is good and watch to see how it responds...and really unless your using a new style Spektrum or Traxxas charger that can read cell voltage through the main plug...you need to have it plugged into a balance port and should be balancing the cells when charging.

To be honest I never did that because they didnt tell me at the store. I charge it a few minutes in nimh 7 volt and then back to lipo and it worked. Saw it in YouTube
When plugging
Respectfully..Lipos are nothing to fool with. Just ensure everything is good and watch to see how it responds...and really unless your using a new style Spektrum or Traxxas charger that can read cell voltage through the main plug...you need to have it plugged into a balance port and should be balancing the cells when charging.
when I plug it in the balance Port is lt says cell voltage error.

I know how to fix this, this happened to me before. The voltage in the battery has dropped too low to fix it charge it for about a minute without the balancing plug or on a NIMH setting and let the voltage recover and then try charging again with the balancing plug in. Should work.

Yes i saw it on YouTube. But when i fully charge it on lipo it still had to low amp. And when its finished charging it still gives an error with the plug in the balance Port. So have to buy a new one

Great input thnx buddy
we(on this forum) had a conversation, not long ago, about how bad of an idea these smart batteries are. This is what I was trying to convey in the conversation. Over discharged and won't take a charge with standard lipo settings. Which shortened the life of the pack, and could have caused a catastrophic failure of the pack. The irony is, another member extolled how wonderful these features were and it wasn't possibly for this condition to happen with the smart battery. Now here we are. Here's my advice. Don't buy anymore "smart" batteries. Quite a few other options out there that won't lead to this situation.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks