LiquidPiston motor , anybody seen these ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the different motorcycle companies had different versions of power valves. Some you just looked at and shook your head at with all the complications they had. We bored cylinders a lot and you could see the technology as it came out and the other ones that were way too complicated. But they all did what it was designed for. Give you somewhat low end but open raise the exhaust port up for top end. Some even had rotating ports by the sides of the exhaust along with the top of the exhaust port that would raise and lower.

All the different motorcycle companies had different versions of power valves. Some you just looked at and shook your head at with all the complications they had. We bored cylinders a lot and you could see the technology as it came out and the other ones that were way too complicated. But they all did what it was designed for. Give you somewhat low end but open raise the exhaust port up for top end. Some even had rotating ports by the sides of the exhaust along with the top of the exhaust port that would raise and lower.
Ya I was familiar with the Yamaha ones RZ350 motor , these started in the dirt bikes I think ?? maybe GP bikes too ?

Yes, I've been following this engine for over a year...Have you seen the price???
Not to mention, how will you mount it to your R/C??? It doesn't have a clutch you will have to redesign it for a Losi 5ive. Have you seen the ignition system or fuel system... I like the idea of a rotary engine, specially when it has 3 combustion cavities "3 spark plugs" vs a common rotary engine has 1 spark plugs per rotary... This engine is in development still and they're asking for 35k and any changes or improvements on this engine they will have all the rights of "profit". It's in the disclaimer!!!
Plus it's really designed for drones...

Yes, I've been following this engine for over a year...Have you seen the price???
Not to mention, how will you mount it to your R/C??? It doesn't have a clutch you will have to redesign it for a Losi 5ive. Have you seen the ignition system or fuel system... I like the idea of a rotary engine, specially when it has 3 combustion cavities "3 spark plugs" vs a common rotary engine has 1 spark plugs per rotary... This engine is in development still and they're asking for 35k and any changes or improvements on this engine they will have all the rights of "profit". It's in the disclaimer!!!
Plus it's really designed for drones...
2 plugs per rotor, in the modern set ups.

Yes I'm familiar with rotory engines. The biggest engine they produced from the factory was a 3 rotor 20b that was found in a cosmo that was only in japan and if you want anything larger than a 20b you have to have someone machine a crankshaft for your engine build. Yes there are 4 rotor engines out there and their expensive as hell and only 1 formula drift team has a few and thats mad Mike whiddett and he's in dougs territory
Shhhhhh for your listening pleasure. Mazda 787B 4 rotor.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks