Looks like the Losi MTXL will be getting discontinued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed this a few days ago.

Makes me sad as I was looking at purchasing one. :(
I'd count on something updated being released. I recall Botajell (5th scale Youtuber) saying big surprises and parts are coming the way of the MTXL. He didn't say a new vehicle but he mentioned lots of stuff to address the current model's shortcomings. I like the beefiness of the truck but didn't really care for the shell and the stock engine size. For all-out durability, they probably should have based it more on the 5ive-T 2.0 but I'm sure that would have inflated the cost.

it was always an oddball rc for me. at first I thought it looked awesome, but then I started to see more photos and running videos and for me it just didn't look rite. it didn't look very durable or very scale, but I have never owned one or even seen
one in the flesh, so it might be the best and toughest rc ever for all I know lol
Not sure how many were actually sold in the uk but they rarely come up for sale over here

so I'm gonna voice my opinion on the mtxl. I do not like it, becuase it's not its own design. its basically a dbxl with a couple of different parts and sum big ass wheels, not a true monster truck and in my opinion it looks dumb, to small of a body (I like the body itself, it's just not wide enough) and on top of that its definitely not a true monster truck. its basically a truggy. not a fan. and since we're talking about the mtxl il voice my opinion on the dbxl, I don't like it either. like the mtxl, when i found it I loved it, but when I found out that its not losi's own design and that the rcmk XCR was the original design, I didn't like it. and look how much losi half-assed the design and parts and quality, its poop in my opinion. Now I do love the XCR, I just don't like its cheap quality little brother that im pretty sure is more expensive just cuz they put "losi" on it. Now I'm not talking about the durability of the mtxl, I don't know it could be great, I just don't care enough to find. now i do know that the dbxl supposedly is not too durable and has a lot of problems. Now ill be waiting for all the triggered mtxl or dbxl owners LOL

Umm....i did that....
But i bought the dbxl when it first came out.
When the XCR came out (a year or 2 later) it was around $1200 US.
For that price....you could have grabbed a 5ive T instead(which i did). Better truck, oem parts were availability everywhere the truck was sold, WAY better aftermarket support. The XCR had no aftermarket support. No one i knew had one. Didn't know about parts availability.
Is the XCR better than the DBXL?
yes.

Wait this thread is about the MTXL.....isnt it...?

so I'm gonna voice my opinion on the mtxl. I do not like it, becuase it's not its own design. its basically a dbxl with a couple of different parts and sum big ass wheels, not a true monster truck and in my opinion it looks dumb, to small of a body (I like the body itself, it's just not wide enough) and on top of that its definitely not a true monster truck. its basically a truggy. not a fan. and since we're talking about the mtxl il voice my opinion on the dbxl, I don't like it either. like the mtxl, when i found it I loved it, but when I found out that its not losi's own design and that the rcmk XCR was the original design, I didn't like it. and look how much losi half-assed the design and parts and quality, its poop in my opinion. Now I do love the XCR, I just don't like its cheap quality little brother that im pretty sure is more expensive just cuz they put "losi" on it. Now I'm not talking about the durability of the mtxl, I don't know it could be great, I just don't care enough to find. now i do know that the dbxl supposedly is not too durable and has a lot of problems. Now ill be waiting for all the triggered mtxl or dbxl owners LOL

Attachments

• aEnRZjp_700b.jpg
    aEnRZjp_700b.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 3
You think the mtxl is done I can't find it for sale anymore either .does that mean all us that have them will be sol parts .oh and I love my mtxl. More than my 5t

I sure hope so it's no fun when you don't want to run it because if you break its done.and I like to drive it like I stole it.
lol, me too, i break stuff alot. They should still sell parts because when i had my losi lst, it was long discontinued and horizon hobby still sold parts for it and still do sell parts for it. so i wouldn't worry

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks