Losi 1/5 scale 4 wheel drive truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losi

This truck is no joke...been racing Losi since JRx2 (which i still have)
HPI BETTER COME UP WITH A 4X4.....

again.....
i got rid of my 5t and 5b because they are just too heavy as a 2 wheel drive...remember,these are BAJAS ...made to run on dirt.....
your ok if you run asphalt or concrete.....

Front diff housing and axel cups looks similar to my rampage xb...

Never had a problem running my 5b off road. Besides the HPI 1/5, 4 wheel drive electric some said HPI is getting ready to do something big with the baja.

I been trying to find out how much the Losi weighs but so far have not been able to. I do know in one of the videos talking about the Losi they said 30 plus pounds. Hopefully it is not much over 30 pounds.

30 pounds, aka 13.5kg would be right on the money.
5B's are around 12kg aren't they, and I presume the 5T's the odd kg or 2 more, and this is 4WD.

I always expect good things from Losi, and it's the main reason I still have one nitro - the 1/8 'Raminator' (modified of course but keeps the original 'look').

Al.

30 pounds, aka 13.5kg would be right on the money.
5B's are around 12kg aren't they, and I presume the 5T's the odd kg or 2 more, and this is 4WD.

I always expect good things from Losi, and it's the main reason I still have one nitro - the 1/8 'Raminator' (modified of course but keeps the original 'look').

Al.

May I ask where you got 30 pounds for the Losi? Only thing I heard was in one of the videos made by Losi saying 30 plus pounds. Could not find anything on their web site about weight. If they are right around 30 pounds that is not bad being a 4 wheel drive. The 5B stock weight is 22 pounds. My 5B with up grades is 25 pounds which is heavy to me. LOL The 5T is about 6 pounds heaver. I have seen some that have 5b that are 35 or more pounds. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
losi

its 30 lbs.....
just punch in Losi 5ive T spec and youl get all the info.........

thats why i bought the Redcat xb...4x4...less than 20 lbs stock..30 cc..
steel gears ...exhaust...2.4 radio..around $500...

going to post some pics on one way bearings i instaled on the front axels.

Ed:)

also bought some stainlees steel bearings,
good for 39000 rpm instead of 24000 on the stock bearing...

someone mentioned about diff bearings and hub bearings blowing up on the rampage xb so i have them on the side...or maybe ill just replaced them all now.

Ed

also bought some stainlees steel bearings,
good for 39000 rpm instead of 24000 on the stock bearing...

someone mentioned about diff bearings and hub bearings blowing up on the rampage xb so i have them on the side...or maybe ill just replaced them all now.

Ed

Some have tried better bearings on the XB diff but still had problems with the diff case. To cure the XB wheel bearing problem 7075 RC front and rear hubs with the over size bearings. It is not the quality of the bearings but the size. 7075 RC is talking about making some alloy diff housings. For more information see links below.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5410
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5880
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=6476

its 30 lbs.....
just punch in Losi 5ive T spec and youl get all the info.........

thats why i bought the Redcat xb...4x4...less than 20 lbs stock..30 cc..
steel gears ...exhaust...2.4 radio..around $500...

going to post some pics on one way bearings i instaled on the front axels.

Ed:)

This is off Losi web site and do not see anything about weight. If you have a link showing the weight please post it.
Product Specifications

Type:4WD Short Course Truck

Scale:1/5

Length:38 in (965.2mm)

Width:20.75 in (527mm)

Height:12.25 in (311.1mm)

Ground Clearance:2 in (50.8mm)

Wheelbase:24 in (609.6mm)

Chassis:5mm thick 7075 T6 aluminum

Suspension:4 wheel independent

Drivetrain:4WD with 3 silicone fluid differentials & centrifugal clutch

Tire Type:Off-Road all-terrain Performance high wear

Motor or Engine:26cc Gas

Radio:BND - Spektrum 3300T Telemetry Receiver

Batteries:3000MaH 6V NiMh receiver pack

Charger:Global AC charger

Wheel Size:4.75 in (120.6mm)

Kit/RTR:RTR

Shock Type:24MM diameter oil filled with compensation bladders

Body:4 piece, Short Course Truck

Ball Bearings:Throughout including steering

Fuel Tank Capacity:800CC

Minimum Age Recommendation:14 years

Experience Level:Advanced

Recommended Environment:Outdoor

Is Assembly Required:No

Losi had 4 or 5 5ive Ts at the Hostile Baja Fest this pass weekend. All said they held up VERY well and ran like they where on rails.

Kent at Killer RC was correct the 5ive T weighs ready to run with out fuel 37 pounds 2.5 ounces and I thought my 5b SS was heavy at just over 25 pounds. LOL. I know 4 wheel drive will be heaver just was not expecting 37 pounds.

Kent at Killer RC was correct the 5ive T weighs ready to run with out fuel 37 pounds 2.5 ounces and I thought my 5b SS was heavy at just over 25 pounds. LOL. I know 4 wheel drive will be heaver just was not expecting 37 pounds.

Wow, 37 pounds! A TS 30.5 would be underpowered at that weight. I guess that explains why they look slow in the vids.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks